is the gold coast dangerous at dawn?

Sol2Oz

I'm wondering if the Gold Coast is dangerous at around 4:00am.

The reason why I ask is because airlines either fly out of Gold coast airport at around 6am or around 8pm. If I took the 8pm flight, I would have to stay overnight at another major city like Melbourne or Sydney, where the airline makes a connection before it takes off early in the morning. (I am still trying to get over the culture shock where Oz's major international airports actually close at night lol - I have never seen or heard of that before). Anyway, this means that I would have to book a hotel in Melbourne or Sydney, which is another expense.

Alternatively, if I were to leave the gold coast at 6am, then that would entail me catching public transportation at around 4am to catch that flight, which is kind of a scary thing to do.

What do you think? :unsure:

Guest GoldCoastMag

I personally would feel fine and have caught a plane early in the am from the gold coast. of course your mileage may vary, but I would do it again without hesitation.

best wishes

Depends where you're staying, Gold Coast Airport is at Coolangata, which is 22km's south of Surfers. The city of Gold Coast is a big place and the only part of it I would avoid at that hour is very central surfers, but if you're worried about that sort of thing you shouldn't be staying in surfers (better somewhere like Broadbeach).

Although the news would have you believe its like the wild west like GCmag I wouldn't be worried at all, 99% of the GC will be deserted at 4AM, also the only public transport to the airport will be the train (which goes nowhere near the tourist areas), or a taxi, which will cost quite a few bucks.

(I am still trying to get over the culture shock where Oz's major international airports actually close at night lol - I have never seen or heard of that before).

Heathrow - the world's busiest airport - closes at night...

Archived