Medicals and Police Checks ... A little confused!!

dig23

Hi helpful people!!

Stupid question - I'm getting confused!! We got our 176 visa lodged last week (phew just in time!) but now I'm getting worried about the medicals/police checks. We do have an agent but I don't want to bother them yet with my stupid question (I think I've asked them my quota already!!)

Am I right in thinking at now the visa is lodged we wait to get assigned a CO - once this happens we will be asked to have our medicals and police checks done? I've been reading through the "176 lodged June 2012" thread and I think this is what has confused me - people are saying that these need to be done within 28 days after lodging the visa application? If we don't get a CO for another few weeks this doesn't seem possible? Some people are doing it in advance- is this advisable? We have an agent and they haven't advised us to do this.

Also people are talking about form 80 and form 1221 - what are these?

I don't our CO to get assigned and think we just haven't done it or something and reject our application outright or reject it because we haven't done it within 28 days.

Sorry just having a little panic as we did so well to get everything done before the end of June and I don't want to fall at the last hurdle!

Can someone please just spell this out for me in idiot proof terms!!!thanks so much (sorry I'm being thick!!)

No wait for your CO to ask for your meds and PC unless you are in a particular hurry to get out there.

You can find forms 80 and 1221 here: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdfhttp://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1221_0709.pdfYou may not need to do them but worth a look in case your CO asks, I did them anyway to be thorough and the CO did want them !

Oh and don't be afraid to ask questions of your agent, you are paying them enough money so make them work for it !

Guest jaycris

When you get your CO and they ask for documents, that's when the 28 day countdown begins -- just make sure you give them the docs... if the 28 days are not enough (like in my case), ensure that all requests were done for the required documents and give the proof that all requests were made by producing receipts and the like. DIAC will give an extension if you have evidence.

sorry to butt in,

Just to clarify

if my agent put's my application in one day, and i am assigned co, if i am asked for med and police checks do i have to get them in within 28 days. Ionly ask because i sent all my application forms in Sunday and got no reply so after 2 days on the phone to the agent was told the forms were unreadable could i post them. so do i have to call the agent every day to get update's so i don't miss deadline's

Thank's

When you get your CO and they ask for documents, that's when the 28 day countdown begins -- just make sure you give them the docs... if the 28 days are not enough (like in my case), ensure that all requests were done for the required documents and give the proof that all requests were made by producing receipts and the like. DIAC will give an extension if you have evidence.

thats great so once aplpied one could essentially sit back and wait to be asked to upload docs...I have started it anyhow and was just calculating i had 5 days left out of the 28...lodged 175 15th june...this is better news!! OBVIOUSLY no co yet.

Archived