SS/WA Office Manager Occupation

Minxey

Help!! SO, had another look tonight and this occupation is not available anymore for SS/WA :em4600:

I am soo upset..... I literally was depending on this state... anyone know what states would sponsor this occupation? it is still on hte CSOL... its just I have had my skills assessed, taking my ielts end of this month and all that money spent.. for what?

Any comforting words of hope out there?

Guest shaunaforoz

Hi,

I am afraid like the rest of us you will have to find another occupation on the list possibly in another state i am afraid.

There seems to be a lot of us in the same boat.

Good luck though :-)

Help!! SO, had another look tonight and this occupation is not available anymore for SS/WA :em4600:

I am soo upset..... I literally was depending on this state... anyone know what states would sponsor this occupation? it is still on hte CSOL... its just I have had my skills assessed, taking my ielts end of this month and all that money spent.. for what?

Any comforting words of hope out there?

Sorry to make bad news worse, but my understanding was that it has come off the list altogether and therefore not eligible even for state sponsorship. I just looked on CSOL and did not see it there.

Ok, am confused! I know that it has been taken off the list, however on SkillSelect under reports is't still on the occupational ceiling list. I looked on the South Australian website for state nomination and Office Managers and Project/Program Administrators is on there. Below have pasted this.

Could someone help out verifying this?

[TABLE=class: orange tiny_text, width: 4]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]51[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 3, align: left]Office Managers & Program Administrators[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]511112[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Program or Project Administrator[/TD]

[TD=class: avail high, bgcolor: #73FF73, align: center]High availability[/TD]

[TD=class: extra, align: left]IELTS 6.5 in each band[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: title_row]

[TD=colspan: 4, align: left][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Office Manager is on the above list, under reports.

Thanks again everyone for your help.... is there any hope?????? :em4600:

Ok, am confused! I know that it has been taken off the list, however on SkillSelect under reports is't still on the occupational ceiling list. I looked on the South Australian website for state nomination and Office Managers and Project/Program Administrators is on there. Below have pasted this.

Could someone help out verifying this?

[TABLE=class: orange tiny_text, width: 4]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]51

[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 3, align: left]Office Managers & Program Administrators

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]511112

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Program or Project Administrator

[/TD]

[TD=class: avail high, bgcolor: #73FF73, align: center]High availability

[/TD]

[TD=class: extra, align: left]IELTS 6.5 in each band

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: title_row]

[TD=colspan: 4, align: left][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Office Manager is on the above list, under reports.

Thanks again everyone for your help.... is there any hope?????? :em4600:

Are you talking about Office Manager or Program & Project Administrator. They are different occupations with different codes and are not interchangeable, you have to be precise. What did your skills assessment come back with.

Office Manager is not on the list, Program & Project Administrator is.

Guest shaunaforoz

Hi,

I thnk you are confusing yourself and I suppose some of the sites aren't helping.

The occupation of 'Office Manager' was on two state sponsorship lists prior to the 1st of July 2012, Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory.

On the 1st of July it was removed from the state sponsorship list of WA, and whilst the ACT list is not out yet I would say it is fairly safe to assume it will have been removed from that list as well, however you will have to wait until it is released to confirm this.

The 'Program or Project Administrator' occupation is a completely seperate occupation to 'Office Manager' and you would have to be reassessed for this occupation.

The occupation of 'Office Manager' is not on the CSOL list and I think the confusion is caused by the fact that it is in on the skill select list with a ceiling allocated to it of 9000 and something.

Maybe if you put up what your occupation is we might be able to help you.

Hello,

Apologies and thanks for your patience!

My occupation is Office Manager. And yes, all correct about WA state sponsoring as that was the initial plan. I just didn't do well enough on hte reading part of my ielts which let me down in not being able to apply before the deadline as all my paperwork was in place, so all because of a stupid english test!!!

I know that having spoken to migration agents in the past the Project and Program Administrator can be assessed against my current occupation as the majority of responsibilities are the same, however I would have to re pay, resend everything again with no guarantee this would be the case.

I haven't checked Canberra's list either, but if they did have my occupation, would I be able to apply under Office Manager even though it's on the ceiling list? OR is this the end...................... :em4600:

Guest shaunaforoz

I may be wrong but I assumed that the occupation ceiling was just that, you can apply for the occupations but once that number has been reached they will not accept any more. However in order to apply for a particular occupation it must be on CSOL or the state sponsored list.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but I am pretty sure that you will have to get reassessed. Sorry

Hello,

Apologies and thanks for your patience!

My occupation is Office Manager. And yes, all correct about WA state sponsoring as that was the initial plan. I just didn't do well enough on hte reading part of my ielts which let me down in not being able to apply before the deadline as all my paperwork was in place, so all because of a stupid english test!!!

I know that having spoken to migration agents in the past the Project and Program Administrator can be assessed against my current occupation as the majority of responsibilities are the same, however I would have to re pay, resend everything again with no guarantee this would be the case.

I haven't checked Canberra's list either, but if they did have my occupation, would I be able to apply under Office Manager even though it's on the ceiling list? OR is this the end...................... :em4600:

Office manager is off the list. You cannot apply as an office manager.

Will send you a PM Minxey :smile:

Hi Val,

can you send me a PM with good news and info? hopefully?

I too was going to do office manager to WA, but again is off the list and was just getting the information together for program/project administrator.

any good news would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Paul