The bottom line ?

jem32

Hi

Going for a regional visa and looking at Mandurha.

Was hoping as my wife is the main candidate I could work in Perth for more money but that is not the case.

Say we both got jobs in Mandurha. What's the lowest realistic wage we could both earn combined to live comfortably.

45k each ??

My wife is Hairdresser and I am in residential sales here in the UK.

Any advice would be great

Jason

Mandurah looks great and we may end up there or nearby.

Considering we are a family of 5 and are hoping to get by on $75k I reckon $90k between you should be plenty depending on your lifestyle.

You could also consider a permanent state sponsored visa (190) as Hairdresser is still on their occupations list.

Mandurah is a great town - the second largest to Perth at the moment and it is growing all the time due to the boom and also people moving out of the metro area and people buying second homes to use as a weekend getaway. There are good signs of development and regeneration. The current population is approx 85,000 and they are estimating that the population will double by 2021.

If you search on the Mandurah Mail and other job sites, it will give you an idea of wages. You also have to bear in mind that the rents and/or property prices are cheaper than the metro area as well.

Archived