Help with EOI - Re Given name

walkwater

I am facing problems in entering my name in the EOI. I don't have a family name and while the guide says that if one doesnt have a family name/surname, they have to enter their full name in the family name box and leave the given name blank, the application is not going forward without mentioning given name...am really confused as to how to proceed further..help please...

ay? how does one NOT have a surname? so you only have a first name?

The issue is on my passport, my surname is also included in the given name and the surname is blank. So if the name which I enter don't match with my passport, am afraid, will cause me problem later..

The issue is on my passport, my surname is also included in the given name and the surname is blank. So if the name which I enter don't match with my passport, am afraid, will cause me problem later..

but there's no issue on your BIRTH CERTIFICATE?! you have a first name and last name there right? so then you can always amend your name on your passport later.

but there's no issue on your BIRTH CERTIFICATE?! you have a first name and last name there right? so then you can always amend your name on your passport later.

Its really a cumbersome process to amend the passport here. I have logged the problem with the skill select technical problem site and going ahead with the EOI by entering the full name under both given name and family name..

• 10 months later...
I am facing problems in entering my name in the EOI. I don't have a family name and while the guide says that if one doesnt have a family name/surname, they have to enter their full name in the family name box and leave the given name blank, the application is not going forward without mentioning given name...am really confused as to how to proceed further..help please...

Dear Walkwater,

As it is seen that you got ur visa..First of all congrats...

Now I am facing the same issue while filling EOI ...I have a given name only not a family name as on my passport..Can u please advice me how you overcome this problem..

Your response would be really of great help..Thank you very much dear...

Archived