How to ship beds and Wardrobes - unscrew the frames or leave as it is?

Arshad

I have read a lot here on people shipping their furnitures but i am confused about whether the beds, Wardrobes and other fitted furniture are unscrewed and the shipped or the beds go as they are. this is because when we buy stuff here, the furniture guys often bring some parts that they later fit together at your place. so if we do that to the furniture we are taking, we won't be able to fit it together well like professional carpenters and getting someone to do it for us in Oz will cost, so can someone tell me how they shipped their furniture? I hope i was able to express my question clearly.

thanks a lot!

Depends - some of our stuff was shipped as was (big Ikea wardrobes) - other stuff was taken apart - some of it by me, some by the packers.

who fixed or packed it back when you arrived in oz, i am worried about having screws and not knowing where they go! my hubby isn't the handiest person with nuts and bolts so can't depend on him and don't want to land up with beds that squeak each time you turn on them! thanks for the reply!

Bear in mind the majority of houses over here have fitted wardrobes in them, so unless you can use yours for storage in a garage etc id personally not bother shipping them.

Cal x

yeah, that's what I have read in most threads, i guess i'll skip them most likely. thanks

Crown (who we used) packed the nuts and bolts in a special bits'n'bobs box. Makes them easier to find at the other end. You can pay extra to have the removalists build all the stuff up at the other end, but usually most of this is something the owner has to do.

I would also back-up CalNgary's comment on built-ins. We brought 3 wardrobes over - one is in the garage, one we sold, and one we gave to family. Our house has built-ins in every room.

who fixed or packed it back when you arrived in oz, i am worried about having screws and not knowing where they go! my hubby isn't the handiest person with nuts and bolts so can't depend on him and don't want to land up with beds that squeak each time you turn on them! thanks for the reply!

Archived