Mad Panic - Someone put me at ease Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificate

dazeybear

ok mad flap, lodged application 28 days ago today, no CO as yet (backlog I think) I was just looking around and have seen this statement see part 4

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]You must download the following form and read the instructions Form

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

• In order for the department to assess your application, you are required to provide additional information. Failure to provided this information may result in your application being refused.
    Please select e:\DOCUME~1\VICTOR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\9\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.pngPDF Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates for a copy of Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Instructions

1. Before you continue you should read all the information about the Character and Penal Clearance Requirements
  2. Download and print form Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates by selecting the icon
  3. Carefully read the information and comply with any instructions contained in the form.
  4. Provide your Police Certificate and any requested documents to the department within 28 days from the date you lodged your application.

Ok I thought you have to wait for a case officer before you apply for this, someone please tell me this is true????? if not and I should have done it how bad will it be that it was late??? xxxx help me x

Many thanks

Dazeybear [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The chances are noone has looked at your application yet so send in these documents with a covering letter.

There is a huge back log and a case officer may take months to be assigned.

Make sure you keep copies of when everything was submitted and use registered post.

I doubt you have anything to worry about as they realise its a beurocratic nightmare too!

My hubby has applied for a 176 family sponsor, I just don't know right from wrong, that note was in my documents needed list and I have read so many times that you should not get your PCC/Medicals untill you have been assigned a CO, so so confused.

Family Sponsor should definatly wait for a CO.

At the bottom under Document requirments of the Automatic Notification email it states

"If you have applied for an offshore GSM visa, your case officer will contact you when you need to undertake health and character checks."

You only have 12 months from the earliest date of medicals or police checks to validate your visa - due to the wait you will have for a CO

if you apply now from medicals and PCC it will not leave you much time to make first entry to AUstralia.

Archived