Tra approved yesterday - rush to get wa ss..... Help needed please

SaffanZimbo

Any help gratefully appreciated! We submitted our TRA on 6th December and after intial rejection and resubmission on 16th June got the "successful" letter today!! YIPPEE.... but a long shot... we would like to try and get WA SS in ASAP and hopefully before 1st July deadline....

Really interested in those who have been there before us regarding what info we need to put on the WA SS forms.

1. Estimated cost of relocation AUD20,000

Flights £5,000 (family of 4), freight 20 foot container £5,000 (havn't even started getting quotes!!), initial accommodation (hoping to stay with friends but estimate 8 weeks x $400 if this doesn't work out + deposit (how much deposit due agents require??). Should I include any other costs in this figure??

2. Exluding relocation estimate of liquid funds - AUD25,000

3. Estimate of cost of living in WA per month- help!! Seen lots of posts but can't seem to find them now when I need them....

4. preferred region - we'll go where OH's job demand is. He is a Fitter (General) and has worked over the past 12 years at GSK, Coca Cola, Gillette, Sara Lee throughout Africa and the UK so not sure where we should aim for. He doesn't want to really work on the mines but that seems to be where the jobs are in WA!?

5. Evidence skill is in demand - can we refer to job websites etc or do we need to go into more detail?

6. Friends/relatives - these are all over Oz should we stick to those in WA to prove we want this region or is it OK to show a broad range of friends / family throughout OZ?

Any help would be received with open arms. I will be on the internet tonight doing lots of searches I think!!

THIS HAS KIND OF CAUGHT US OFF GUARD AS WE HAD GIVEN UP ON GETTING TRA APPROVAL AHEAD OF THE 1ST JULY DEADLINE!!!

:biggrin:

1. Looks ok. Maybe even a bit on the high side.

2. This is probably too low for a a family of four. Think monthly cost x 12

3. rent + utilities + food + transportation + insurance + other.

4. Don't think it matters really what you put here as long as you show your research.

5. I just wrote genereal stuff, mention job openings, recruitment etc.

6. Don't think this is mandatory and don't remember filling it out.

Good Luck!

1. Looks ok. Maybe even a bit on the high side.

2. This is probably too low for a a family of four. Think monthly cost x 12

3. rent + utilities + food + transportation + insurance + other.

4. Don't think it matters really what you put here as long as you show your research.

5. I just wrote genereal stuff, mention job openings, recruitment etc.

6. Don't think this is mandatory and don't remember filling it out.

Good Luck!

A huge thank you! Draft sent to agent and will tweak slightly and ask him to submit ASAP. Fingers crossed the WA SS goes through in record time....

A huge thank you to everyone on PIO who helped. WA SS approved and we are now on the final hurdle 176 visa application. Only 2 documents and 1 set of photo's outstanding and these should be with our agent by 1pm UK time today and he can then lodge!!! Could not have done it without your help.:biggrin:

A huge thank you to everyone on PIO who helped. WA SS approved and we are now on the final hurdle 176 visa application. Only 2 documents and 1 set of photo's outstanding and these should be with our agent by 1pm UK time today and he can then lodge!!! Could not have done it without your help.:biggrin:

He can lodge without all the support docs. The docs can be done later. Good luck.

Archived