What do they actually do at your medical??

Guest alison34

Guest alison34

Hi could anyone tell me what u have 2 actually go through at your medical? Cheers!

Alison

Guest trev

Hi there

We had our medicals in january and they will: give you a full medical which envolves a blood test, urine test, chest xrays, blood pressure, and a medical with a doctor to check senses, reactions, breathing they check your hearing. sounds a lot but its not that bad.. a thorough MOT.

:) Hope i have not put you off

Good luck

Trev

Guest alison34

Thanks trev u havent put me off, just wondered what went on, i had visions of having 2 strip etc U have put my mind at ease, cheers!

Alison

Guest trev

hi

No worries, all the panel doctors clinics that you have to choose are all private, so you get posh surroundings all very Profesional.. nothing like the NHS..

Guest scoop

Hi Krista

I've heard that some women have had to have breast exams and that It may be advisable to take your latest smear results with you.

You could always ring the Doctors office where you intend to have your medical completed I am sure they will be will to talk everything through with you.

Hope this helps hun.

All the best with it hun

SCoop

x

8)

Guest forshac

Hi there,

I had to have a breast exam..Was not expecting it at all and he was really old and had awful breath...Yuk! not pleasant..

Aparently some do and some dont so expect it and then at least you will not be surprised..

C

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi there,

I had to have a breast exam..Was not expecting it at all and he was really old and had awful breath...Yuk! not pleasant..

Aparently some do and some dont so expect it and then at least you will not be surprised..

C

Some can and will have a grope if they get half a chance, and some will grope the guys and all too! They are NOT allowed to start delving into anything that cannot be seen from the outside with clothes on, however!

Hi,

We all had to strip off to underwear to be examined (so glad I put on ones that matched!!), and I had to have a breast exam, which was done very quickly and wasn't at all embarrasing. The doc, was very nice and very professional and as someone said, as it's private the surroundings are so much better. We even all got a lolly pop when we'd finished!!!!

Guest lainey

is there anything that they can fail u on when u go for the medical? what would they do if there was something that they wernt happy with? ive been having problems with my knees but terrified to go to my dr incase its arthritis (which i suspect) would this fail me on my medical?

Ian, don't know if this would fail you but it is wise to flag up anything you think may come up. I Knew that when it came to the medical my urine would show blood in it - but this had been investigated by the hospital, my son had also had renal investigations, but I had letters to say it had been ivestigated and that was o.k, I gave these to the doc who enclosed them with the medicals.

Ali

Guest Gollywobbler
is there anything that they can fail u on when u go for the medical? what would they do if there was something that they wernt happy with? ive been having problems with my knees but terrified to go to my dr incase its arthritis (which i suspect) would this fail me on my medical?

Hi Iainey

Athritis is not a bar to migration. The real issues with it are:

1. What is needed to alleviate/cure it if your own self-diagnosis is right?

2. What would that cost to provide? and

3. Would you be able to work and to earn enough to be entirely self-supporting financially in spite of whatever might need to be done to fix the medical problem?

At the moment, you don't even know for sure whether or not the problem is actually arthritis. Bursitis (housemaids knee) is equally painful and can be equally chronic.

I really do feel that your best bet would be to get your GP to make an initial diagnosis of what is actually wrong without further delay. At the moment you are giving yourself a double-whammy, I suggest. You are in chronic pain, nothing is being done about easing it because you are dodging your doctor, and you are scared because you don't even know for sure what is wrong either. How dumb is that, chum, even though we can all understand your reasons and sympathise with you completely? Are you content to try to live with this pain for the next 10-15 years without a squeak of complaint? If not (and it would NOT be sensible to try) then please go and see your GP?

Good luck though, whatever you decide would be best for you and your family.

Gill

Archived