Police Clearance - India

walkwater

Guest trailblazer

Yes if you passport contains the same address as you are living at now, it is hassle free process.

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

I applied for my PCC on 13/12/12 and was expecting to get it in 5 working days as when I applied last time it only took 4 days which was in Sydney. This time I applied through vfs Canberra and after a couple of emails to them they replied yesterday that it has been sent to authorities in India and will take on an average 6 to 8 weeks. Just wondering does it go to the high commission in India and then to the regional police office or how does it work. After reading posts on expat and other forums , posts by shanders I am very worries that it might take a long while is there anything I can do to expedite the process? By sending my father to the RPO or to the embassy ? Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...
Hi all,

I applied for my PCC on 13/12/12 and was expecting to get it in 5 working days as when I applied last time it only took 4 days which was in Sydney. This time I applied through vfs Canberra and after a couple of emails to them they replied yesterday that it has been sent to authorities in India and will take on an average 6 to 8 weeks. Just wondering does it go to the high commission in India and then to the regional police office or how does it work. After reading posts on expat and other forums , posts by shanders I am very worries that it might take a long while is there anything I can do to expedite the process? By sending my father to the RPO or to the embassy ? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Kuber,

We are exactly in the same position.. my wife's pcc has been referred to authorities in India.. we applied in brisbane ..its been 4 weeks now.. can you please share when did you finally get it.. and did you have to send someone to RPO to prompt them to start acting on it.. if so which section was any help?.. were you able to figure out the process?? as in where is it sent- high commission, RPO.. I mean any help would be of immense help.. Please do reply back if you read this as we are just in limbo with no help from any quarter..

Thanks

DJ

Archived