Looking to make some new friends.

bomber929

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are looking to make some new friends and expand our small circle.

I'm Jimmy and my partner is Shell.

Ive been down under now for five years now and live in Carrum.

Anyone interested,give us a shout out.

Jimmy and Shell.

Guest Guest16631

........have you looked at the Life in Victoria forum.............?.............there is a link at the bottom of the page.............good luck..!

Hi Danny,

We nearly moved into Seaford, have a few guys at work that live there, nice part of the world.

I'm from Northumberland and Shell is from the other side of the city.

Shell has a daughter, she is 17, so if you ever need a reliable babysitter lol and 2 older sons.

We are both early forties.

Jimmy.

Hi am moving out in October with 2 boys age 3 and 7

I have been looking at Parkvale, carrum, carrum downs and seaford.....looking for rent about 350 a week can u recommend nice areas schools etc and what are the train lines like.....and we're there are kiddies to play with my boys....they love playing out at home

We would also love to be near a beach 30mins approx

40 mins to the city

Thanks for you help

Hi Waiting game,

Yeah it's nice around Carrum/Bonbeach area. Carrum Downs is a little inland from the beach but still nice.

We have large parks all around us and they are set up with families, good play areas and built in bbq's. The beach is just 500m away aswell.

Jimmy.

Hi Danny,

We nearly moved into Seaford, have a few guys at work that live there, nice part of the world.

I'm from Northumberland and Shell is from the other side of the city.

Shell has a daughter, she is 17, so if you ever need a reliable babysitter lol and 2 older sons.

We are both early forties.

Jimmy.

Hey guys where in Seaford are you? We are in Park St and have been here since Jan also both in our 40's . It would be great to catch up with others in the area with common interest so if you want to catch up with us and maybe others in the area too we should organise something? Kath

Hey guys where in Seaford are you? We are in Park St and have been here since Jan also both in our 40's . It would be great to catch up with others in the area with common interest so if you want to catch up with us and maybe others in the area too we should organise something? Kath

Sorry just realised you are in Carrum but not far anyway!!

I work in moorabbin for Marand precision bomber.

Hi waiting game, seaford is really nice, there a plenty of houses for $350, we are 20 mins from the beach, 5 mins from a train station, which takes you to frankston in ten mins, an Melbourne in about 30 mins prob, not done it yet, there are a schools in seaford, not sure how many, we've only been here 4 weeks, we'll look properly when our lad is four.

I work in moorabbin for Marand precision bomber.

Hi waiting game, seaford is really nice, there a plenty of houses for $350, we are 20 mins from the beach, 5 mins from a train station, which takes you to frankston in ten mins, an Melbourne in about 30 mins prob, not done it yet, there are a schools in seaford, not sure how many, we've only been here 4 weeks, we'll look properly when our lad is four.

Hi donny bear

Am fine thanks.....just researching and researching more, but quiet like the sound of these surrounding areas, we came out in February and went to mordialloc beach ws lovely and peaceful....lol

We are from Rochdale so not far from your neck of the woods.

Lindsey

Hi Waiting game,

Yeah it's nice around Carrum/Bonbeach area. Carrum Downs is a little inland from the beach but still nice.

We have large parks all around us and they are set up with families, good play areas and built in bbq's. The beach is just 500m away aswell.

Jimmy.

Hi

Thanks for the info....it's mined boggling all this research....lol

Will take your info on board

Thx

Hi Lindsey, we did loads of research too, but it's all worth it! It's a lot better than Stockport and Rochdale! We still can't believe we are here, it was hard saying goodbye to family but it's so with it! We tried selling our house, but couldn't get a good price , so we rent it out now. Keep me updated on your progress, you'll be here before you know it!

We'll see ya on the beach lol!

danny

Waitinggame -

Trains run every 15/18 mins from the city off peak and from Frankston back to the city...Peak times around 7 mins to and from the vity...Living in Seaford/Carrum you may get something cheaper than $350 a week if you look hard enough....Carrum Downs is inland further, aproximately 7/10 mins from Carrum itself and no train service - only buses, but a reasonable service I'm led to believe..

Jimmy -

I lived in Seaford as a kid, was born in Frankston hospital lol.. We lived between Seaford Rd and Station St on Railway Pde....Get your kids involved in local sport..I played footy for Seaford when I was a kid and my dad played for them as well before me..Cricket also..I don't live in the area anymore but may contemplate a move down to the Peninsula again I think..

Ken

hi sorry took a while to answer have been really busy with work and we also have been to Adelaide over the weekend, so currenty shattered! If you feel like catching up then just let us know it would be great to meet people that are local to us and whp have got to know the area etc.

We are planning nothing this coming weekend just want to relax so if you have anything in mind even if its just a drink somewhere a bit local just let us know.

Kath and Gordon

Hi Kath,

Yeah Park St, we know it.

We have just moved into Graham Road in Carrum.

A catch up would be great, sounds like a plan.

hi sorry took a while to answer have been really busy with work and we also have been to Adelaide over the weekend, so currenty shattered! If you feel like catching up then just let us know it would be great to meet people that are local to us and whp have got to know the area etc.

We are planning nothing this coming weekend just want to relax so if you have anything in mind even if its just a drink somewhere a bit local just let us know.

Kath and Gordon

Hi Lindsey, we did loads of research too, but it's all worth it! It's a lot better than Stockport and Rochdale! We still can't believe we are here, it was hard saying goodbye to family but it's so with it! We tried selling our house, but couldn't get a good price , so we rent it out now. Keep me updated on your progress, you'll be here before you know it!

We'll see ya on the beach lol!

danny

Hope to see you on the beach too....lol.....we're abouts are you? Take it you loving it in Melbourne.

Rochdale is crap.......even had floods in Todmorden at wkd....

Think this is the wettest June in 250 yrs aparantly

Hi Lindsey, seaford is great we love it, the beach is great and so are the parks, there is plenty for kids to do, there's also BBQ s on the parks which u can use for free, they are kept really clean.

When do you think you will be traveling over?

Carrum Downs - you would get a 3 bed near-new house for about $340 per week, 4 bed for about $380 per week. Great affordable area in my opinion, cheaper than areas further in and further out, I predict big price rises both for purchase and rent in this area.

BB

Archived