Work and Holiday Visa Subclass 462

Guest Armstrong

Guest Armstrong

I currently reside in the US, and want to get my WHV. However, when going through the immi.gov.au I'm told I need Subclass 462 WHV. Thats fine, except there is a note (in red) that reads:

[h=2]Working[/h]Work and Holiday visa holders are allowed to undertake any type of work on a temporary basis. You are allowed to work for up to six months with each employer.

Working beyond six months with the same employer, without the required permission, may result in your visa being cancelled and you may be required to leave Australia.

Note: It is not possible to qualify for an additional Work and Holiday visa by working in regional Australia. This option is only available under the Working Holiday visa.

(source: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/462/usa/how-the-visa-works.htm)

Am I selecting the wrong one? Are people from the US not allowed to get the extension for regional work?

Guest Armstrong

I've just done some further research, and it looks as if I can't apply for a second visa. I guess I'll be using my 3 months to travel more.

Eligible Countries

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TD]Belgium

Canada

Cyprus, Republic of

Denmark

Estonia

Finland

France[/TD]

[TD]Germany

HKSAR*