457 to perm residency

Hi all,

need some help. My husband worked in this country for two years on a 457 visa , he changed employers due to being made redundant after the first year, and is now happy with current employer. We were bouncing along nicely as they agreed to sponsor pr in July this year, when he has worked for them for 12 months. I now find that this may not be the case as there have been some changes to the visas from 1st july this year.

Does these changes mean that we now have to wait 2 years, or if your already on a 457 visa do the old rules still apply. I hope it doesnt mean we have to wait as he will be 50 if we do.

Thanks all.

It might be worth speaking to a RMA - but I dont think that there are any transitional arrangements for people already on 457.

Either he would need to wait another year with his employer for TR transition stream - that he would not need a skills assessment.

Or he could go the direct stream for ENS - get a skills assessment done if he has 3 years of Work experiance in the occupation and still be able to apply in July.

Archived