Advice on cost/finance when moving to oz

johns46

:biggrin:

Hiya All,

Just wanted to get some answers from you guys regarding the process of emigrating and cost.We are a family of six,hoping to move to Oz by 2013.I am a mental health nurse and my husband a communications engineer.We have a son of 20,daughter 18 and twin boys of 11,god bless them.

I am in the process of sending documents to APHRA and have registered with nursing agency.Hoping to go on 457 visa (sponsered).We have no savings its just giong to be sale of house that will pay for removals,flights and down payment for bond for rental.We hopefully will secure jobs before we leave.In my situation I maybe the one with job at first.

The questions we wanted to ask were,how would our situation be to apply for a morgage,and finance for a car.I am 41 my husband 42.With the sponsership we will apply for PR after few months.We have a car but undecided whether to transport over.Any info on car prices we have researched and wanted to know if they really are that expensive.Hope there are lots giong through the same.

Lisa

Not sure about the mortgage/car finance side on a 457 as we have 176 PR - BTW I am a 42 year old comms engineer (technician in Oz) !

Here is a link for car values:

http://www.redbook.com.au/

And one for actual cars for sale:

http://www.carsales.com.au/

Cars are very expensive, if your current one is worth quite a bit in Oz then consider shipping it, BMWs/Mercs etc seem particularly good ones !

Hiya happy helper

Thanks for your reply,we have a vauxall saff 7 seater 06.Wish we we did have bmw/merc ha.Hope you dont mind me asking my husband is currently on the look out for a job comms engineer and works for western power here any tips would be greatly appreciated.Good luck with everything.

Lisa

Archived