Internet deals!

paulswin

Hi,

I've had absolutely no problems with these guys in the last 6 months:

http://www.tpg.com.au/products_services/home-phone-bundle/superchat

Think I'm on the $59.99 unlimited deal with home phone (still haven't got a phone to use it with yet...). I'm sure when I got my deal I wasn't locked in for 6 or 12 months though which is what it appears to be now. I'd read the fine print first of course.

Eddy

Guest GeorgeD
Hi,

I've had absolutely no problems with these guys in the last 6 months:

http://www.tpg.com.au/products_services/home-phone-bundle/superchat

Think I'm on the $59.99 unlimited deal with home phone (still haven't got a phone to use it with yet...). I'm sure when I got my deal I wasn't locked in for 6 or 12 months though which is what it appears to be now. I'd read the fine print first of course.

Eddy

This is a decent deal from TPG...if you can get it! We ordered this when we moved into our last house. Three weeks after they took our money and two cancelled installations, they basically sent me an email saying they couldn't provide me with a service. I called them to see what was the problem...my local Telstra Exchange was out of free ports (wholesale, I could still buy a service from Telstra) so TPG couldn't provide me with any service whatsoever. Took a couple more days for them to refund my money.

I work in IT and we sell on internet connections amongst other things. Through the normal take overs/mergers in the industry, we can now sell TPG services. We don't. They basically don't do any survey prior to install so they have no clue if they can provide what they have sold (and take your money in advance or providing a service.) We had a business customer recently who went with them and discovered the same thing...several weeks of delays and cancellations, then no service is available - and this was for a business grade connection, not domestic.

If you can get it though, then it's a good deal. They will tell you it's available as they only ever check if they have equipment in your local exchange, which 99% of the time they will have, but they don't check if there is any spare capacity from Telstra.

We eventually got Optus cable. $109 for 500Gb, free phone calls to Oz landlines and mobiles, and free local/national rate numbers, plus 2c per minute to UK landlines. They've been OK, but gaming online can be a bit slow in the evening if the servers are outside of Australia (there are international bandwidth issues at peak times on Optus, go look at www.whirlpool.net.au)

Archived