Shipping company reps

How much did the person that came to do your quote affect your decision on who to go with.

We have had the first of 5 companies out this week and I really didn't like the man, not sure why, just kinda got the impression that he looked down on us, as we don't have much stuff and what we do have is very basic.

Hubby tells me that what I though of their rep is irrelevant as its the quote that matters, just wondering if anyone else made a decsion based on their judgement of the rep?

Im quickly losing faith in the shipping companies. Only had 3 quotes so far all from recommended on PIO shippers, so it must be me!. Each one has said we need different amount of space. One rep failed to turn up, when i phoned to ask where he was the office said they had no booking for me. Once rebooked, the day before he was due to come the office phoned asking if i could change the time, i couldnt because of work commitments. On the day of the visit the rep phoned asking the same question, told him that his office had already asked that the day before. He said info that info had not been passed on. A week later still no quote because it had been sent to the wrong email address!

The rep was actually really nice, i just wouldnt use that company because of poor customer relations.

The quotes i have had seem really expensive, one £3000 more than the other. Something i picked up was that now is classed as "silly season" due to the amount of people wanting to move during the school hols,and they are really busy, so maybe they feel they dont need to put so much effort in.

Lots of people on here have got a great service from these shippers, but for me its back to the drawing board cos the money they want and what our stuff is actually worth its not making financial sense.

Good luck with your move

Part of my assessment for shipping stuff was what Satch thought of the rep (I trust her reaction more than my own). If your gut tells you something is amiss then listen to it I say.

BTW - the company we went with had a rep who didn't bat an eyelid when his dark trousers ended up covered in golden lab fur...... :)

Archived