Unlocking mobile phones.

Polkey

Does any one out there know where i can get my phone unlocked before i move over, would be in the Durham/ Newcastle area. Failing that anywhere on the Gold coast. I have had a look online at doing it myself as well, has anyone tried this and if so what web site did you use and did it work??

Cheers.

I just went into a local shop in England - you know the ones that sell phone covers etc and got it done for £10. Our small town had a few in it (Midlands) and had a sign on the window.

Back everything up first though as they managed to wipe everything off my phone in the process (that shouldn't happen!).

I just went into a local shop in England - you know the ones that sell phone covers etc and got it done for £10. Our small town had a few in it (Midlands) and had a sign on the window. Back everything up first though as they managed to wipe everything off my phone in the process (that shouldn't happen!).
Any independant phone shop will do it for around a tennar. Just had mine done. Tried to do it my self but not successful because my computer is rubbish... best thing to do is type in a search engine something like 'unlock iphone' or 'unlock galaxy S' and watch the you tube video tutorials. The website of XDA is where you can download the necassary programs to unlock your phone although the videos on youtube often provide a direct link to the relevant program.

Guest wardie77
Does any one out there know where i can get my phone unlocked before i move over, would be in the Durham/ Newcastle area. Failing that anywhere on the Gold coast. I have had a look online at doing it myself as well, has anyone tried this and if so what web site did you use and did it work??

Cheers.

If you are out of contract, just call your service provider and they will unlock it within 10 days. I did this with O2 over web chat and it was very easy. got a text in 10 days to say the phone was unloacked and I could use any sim card in it. if you are still within your contract period then one of those dodgy phone shops would be your best bet. Costs about £10 - £15 i think.

If you are out of contract, just call your service provider and they will unlock it within 10 days. I did this with O2 over web chat and it was very easy. got a text in 10 days to say the phone was unloacked and I could use any sim card in it. if you are still within your contract period then one of those dodgy phone shops would be your best bet. Costs about £10 - £15 i think.

Yes that,s exactly what we did with our iphones, contacted service provider and hey presto.

Archived