Traveling before recieving visa

Sticks

Hi

I am applying for a spouse visa,my partner(who is aussie) and two kids are already in aus,they went in january as school term starts in feb.what i want to do is put in application give them anything else they ask for,then during the waiting process would i be able to travel to aus on a six month visa until my main one comes through!All answers welcome!

Regards

Sticks

Guest GeorgeD
Check with an agent or immigration as i believe doing this can cancel out the visa you have applied for, but i dont think this is the case with every visa category,, so definately worth checking

Cal x

No issues at all with doing as the OP suggests in regards to a Spouse Visa. I have done it using the eVistor 3 month visa. Others on here have used 6 month or longer 676 tourist visas (Thamby is one member name which springs to mind, don't know if he still frequents the forum). Just remember you need to leave the country when the Offshore Spouse Visa is granted.

To the OP...are your kids Citizens or will they be on your visa application? This may affect their school fees...if they are neither citizens nor PRs when they enrol they may be charged international fees.

No issues at all with doing as the OP suggests in regards to a Spouse Visa. I have done it using the eVistor 3 month visa. Others on here have used 6 month or longer 676 tourist visas (Thamby is one member name which springs to mind, don't know if he still frequents the forum). Just remember you need to leave the country when the Offshore Spouse Visa is granted.

To the OP...are your kids Citizens or will they be on your visa application? This may affect their school fees...if they are neither citizens nor PRs when they enrol they may be charged international fees.

h

Hi george

The kids are classed as aussie's and have aussie passport's and are already in school.Due to the fact when my partner was staying in the uk she had to apply for residency.Even though the boy's were born here they have dual citizen ship.the app is in my name only.Thanks for your advice

Yes you can do that but you need to let your CO know that you will be going to Australia after you have lodged your application - so they do not grant your visa while you are onshore.

COOL!

Guest GeorgeD
Yes you can do that but you need to let your CO know that you will be going to Australia after you have lodged your application - so they do not grant your visa while you are onshore.

This is the bit that confused me for a little while...INFORM your CO...don't ask their permission - they probably won't answer! I was in a panic as my CO hadn't replied to my request for permission...until I dug a little deeper and realised it's not their job to give permission to enter Australia. It's the immigration officer at the border who decides if you have an appropriate visa for the purpose of your trip. A tourist visa is fine for visiting family and friends. Your CO needs to know where you are so they can contact you about your visa application and to make sure they don't grant an offshore visa while you are in Australia (which would be a problem!)

Archived