Working Holiday Visas

iwastakenbytheshadows

Has anyone had success getting sponsorship while out in WA from a working holiday visa? If so why was the process? Did it allow spouses to stay? Did you have to come back tithe uk in between? Originally hoping to come over on a skilled visa but not got the correct qualified experience just non qualified.

Any other advice would be great!

Thanks

Steph

People do get sponsorship while here on WHV however it depends a lot on what skills you have to offer as to how likely it is. There is a requirement for the employer who wants to sponsor to show that the reason they are is because they could not fill the role with a local. You would not have to leave Oz of you did. Your spouse would be included on the visa. Generally I say to people coming on a WHV to treat it purely as a holiday. What are your skills?

We did.

I sent my CV out to some companies once I was here, one offered me a job and after three months offered to sponsor me to stay. The RSMS visa is the easiest one for Perth I think (this is the one we got). It is changing on the 1 July, so I'm not sure how this will effect it. But for us we had to apply to the RCB board for 'certification' (so the regional area confirms that there is a vacancy and my employer can fill it with a foreign national) then completed the visa application and lodged that.

There is no 'list' of jobs for this visa, you just have to have an equivalent of an Australian Diploma. There is also no requirement to prove a local Aussie couldn't do it (they removed this a couple of months ago). You just have to work for the same employer for two years.

My husband was included in the visa application and we didn't have to go back to the UK, it was all done onshore - we just had to be in the country for it to be granted.

Its actually my husband with the skilled trade. He's a motorcycle mechanic. But we fail to qualify for a skilled visa because he had 5 years non qualified and 1 year post nvq qualified experience. Im a part qualified accountant so mine doesn't really count. But I'd be looking to stay on his visa. Is there any costs incurred for us?

Depends which visa you go for. If you get sponsored on a 457 then usually the Company pays all the costs - but this only a temporary 4 year visa. If you get the RSMS like I did then you are responsible for the visa fees which are about $3,500 - we didn't pay as my employer paid, but they weren't under any obligation to do this.

My brother came over on a WHV as a motor mechanic and he had people falling over themselves to offer him sponsorship.

The current requirements are that the job is in a regional area (so Perth at the moment is regional) and you've got the equivalent of an Australian Diploma (doesn't have to be in chosen occupation, but helps) and you are under 50.

The employer has to prove there is a vacancy and apply for certification and then you can apply for a visa. But getting sponsorship first is the main hurdle, worry about the ins and outs of visas once you've done that!

Archived