Mounting Costs

Guest Nelson

Guest Nelson

When we first thought about applying, we were aware that the costs involved would be considerable but, now that we have got our visas and reality is sinking in I have just done a few sums and I'm quite shocked at how the the costs have spiralled. Not quite out of control but certainly heading in that direction. £3,000 here and £4,000 there and before you know it your budget is blown. I just wanted to say to all at the beginning of the process, whatever your budget is, double it, or regret it!!!

Guest Pasty

Krista

Couldn't agree more, £4000 to ship your stuff, £2000 for visa application alone (inc TRA) £2000 for flights plus money to take with you to get started if you've not got a job to go to. If you're not sure it's for you, do really think hard as it it a major expense!

Jackie

Guest Missiemo

Ditto above it is not cheap and not for the faint hearted, bring back ten pound poms I say :lol:

Mo

• 1 month later...
Guest jordan
When we first thought about applying, we were aware that the costs involved would be considerable but, now that we have got our visas and reality is sinking in I have just done a few sums and I'm quite shocked at how the the costs have spiralled. Not quite out of control but certainly heading in that direction. £3,000 here and £4,000 there and before you know it your budget is blown. I just wanted to say to all at the beginning of the process, whatever your budget is, double it, or regret it!!!

Hi know what you mean, me and the OH sat down tonight and worked out our money. Visa fees, Estate agent fee, solicitors fee, early repayment charges, shipping, flights and there will probably be more. My mom was under the impression at one time that it was a phase that I was going through and I would change my mined about Australia. Until I sat down and told her how much we had paid out so far ,and I think that is when the penny dropped for my mom that we were defiantly going.

Hopefully it will be money well spent!!!!

Stacey xx

Guest spray21

He he, solution to this - join the Ozzy army! They pay for your relocation, visas, etc - and you have a job to walk into when you get there!

(and if you're really cunning, don't join the army at all but get your OH to do it, then you get to go too!)

Guest ian lewis

krista,

Its cost us a hell of alot of money with an migration agency to get our visas. £7,000 in total. This does not include TRA + MEDICALS + POLICE CHECKS +VISAS. We are not joking ! We are refusing to pay the last

outstanding payment.And we have written to the M.A.R.A for help.

Its cost us treble the amount than we expected.

Be wary of agencies :oops:

Ian & Shell

Guest Nelson

£7,000 :?: :?: That's outrageous :!: What on earth were you applying for :?: :!: Have you even GOT your visas yet :?: I have to say, our budget went out the window a long time ago but I am so fed up now I just want to go, whatever it costs :!:

Guest ian lewis

Krista,

We received our visas,the five of us in May. Under the sub class 137 skills visa for South Australia :lol:

Last december we had our police & medicals done, thinking we were finally at the finishing line. Then every month all these fees started to arrive & and we could not understand why.What they billed us did not

make sense.

We have paid just over £5,000 with a £1,900 ( outstanding ) that we are are not willing to pay. :x

Just hope the M.A.RA will sort this out quickly. :?

Ian & Shell

Good luck with that Ian & shell - what sort of things are they billing your for? We didn't use an agent, but have still probably spent about £2000 on the visa process, it all mounts up - even the £10 to send off the passports (and have them returned) to have the visas put in them- although I must admit I didn't mind that one so much.

Hope it gets sorted with your agent.

Ali

Guest Nelson

I keep waking up in a panic attack thinking of something else we need to settle/cancel/pay and having nightmares that our elephant profit on the house has dwindled to nothing :!: :shock: :!:

Archived