Guest Gilly  Graham

Just Starting!

Guest Gilly  Graham

Somebody out there - HELP!!!

I have a lovely daughter, living in Brisbane, married to an gorgeous Ozzie bloke, who took her citizenship last year.

Hey, Mumsie can get out there real easy - not so! It seems to me that the whole emigration process is a nightmare, but then loads are doing it, so PLEASE someone give me some useful advice.

I'm 50 - I've been told that the waiting list for a parent visa is 10 - 15 years, I'll be well retired by then and won't have been able to see grandkids grow up.

The contributory visa demands something like £35k, well there'll be virtually nothing left in the pot for me after selling the property.

I'm a very well experienced PA/Office Manager and have been told that I'd have no trouble finding work.

So please someone tell me which direction to go for the right advice,

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest heather

Don't know if this info will help but good luck. I would contact an agent and at least get some free advice on if you have any chance. There are plenty about so it could be worth a call. Another useful webite is http://www.britishexpats.com This may give you some answer. All the best.

Hi Gilly

I have heard that you can get out here on a temporary travel visa which you can renew up to 12 months while in Australia , at about 10 months into your stay apply for an aged parent visa. At this point you will apparently be issued with a bridging visa which will allow you to stay in Australia for the duration of your application process, which can take up to 10 years! You can return to the UK 2 or 3 times during this period.

During this time you won't be able to by a house in your own name. Not sure whether you will be able to work or not. However you don't have to contribute any finances to get here!

Not sure if that will help out or not, but a reliable source told my so that I could tell my parents. However they are pensioners and wouldn't be able to get pention either here of in the UK while on the bridging visa, so back to square one for them.

Mandy x

Mandy, Barry, Archie 10 and Mackenzie 7 loving life in Oz 6 years on.:cool:

Not really relevant as Gilly is only 50 and not an aged parent. Maybe discuss Contributory parent visa with Alan Collett of Go-Matilda - may be a chance of using the split visa to save nearly half of the money.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

Anthony Coates MARN: 0601801

tonycoates@eircom.net

This thread is nearly 2 years old ... :)

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas, www.gomatilda.com - Principal, GM Tax, www.gmtax.com.au

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534, Chartered Accountant (England & Wales, and Australia), and Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Thanks Alan, didn't spot that, I'm new to PIO

Mandy, Barry, Archie 10 and Mackenzie 7 loving life in Oz 6 years on.:cool: