Has anyone taken their fiancee to oz, visa experience required please!

lostdf3

hey folks,

any advice on above title would be great, how do you prove your a couple? short of having a raging row and make up sex in the lobby? sorry i know that was a bit risque but you see where im coming from :biggrin:

Evidence of living together, ie mortgage, rental agreements, bills in joint names etc. Also evidence that you are "pubically" a couple, ie invites to social events etc. My agent gave me a list from the immigration department as I am going with my boyfriend. I don't think it's too hard to prove.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

Booklet 1 has all the information required for the Partner visas, but it depends what kind of partner visa that you are going to apply for depending on how long you have been together.

If you partner is going to be a secondary applicant on a different kind of visa application the same evidence will still be required.

Yes she can work but can be difficult for 457 secondary applicants to get a job sometimes as there visa is relient on there partners job. Also you say School?? If you mean uni etc would be subject to international fees.

Hi,

I just came across your post. I was going to go on the 457 visa with my partner too, do you think its a bad idea? Im a primary school teacher, would it be better to get my own visa?

Hi I know my fiancée and I had no issues getting a 457 visa. We just sent mortgage statements and bank statemnts dating back a couple of years and that seemed to be enough. My fiancée works in an office environment so not sure of yours would have difficulty getting a teaching position. You're right though, anyone coming as a defacto can work anywhere :-)

good luck anyway, we're moving to Sydney in 19 days!!!

Hi,

I just came across your post. I was going to go on the 457 visa with my partner too, do you think its a bad idea? Im a primary school teacher, would it be better to get my own visa?

It might be hard getting a job as your 457 visa relies on you still being with your partner and them keeping their job - if your partner loses/leaves job you have 28 days to find new sponsor or leave Australia - sometimes some employers do not like to take the risk with someone when their visa relies on someones elses job.

Guest lookingforachange

We had to send photos,invitatons to famiy gathering ect and also get a statment from an Australia Citizen to say that we have been a couple over 6 months.

Archived