bored, fed up and frustrated! I really need to meet some new people!!

Hello!

Well, the title says it all really... I'm bored Sh**less!! Been here for 2.5 weeks. Thought last week that I had a job in the bag.... Still waiting, I think there's been a recruitment freeze :frown: or something, not sure, got told that manager was out of office, but then heard that a couple of other vacancies had been put on hold.

So I've moved forward and applied for 3 more jobs, which then leads to more waiting!!!

Add to that I'm here on my own, house sitting, which is free, and therefore great. But until I have a job, I don't know when my lovely hubby is going to arrive, because one of us has to be working!!

But, well, I don't know anyone else, and frankly the cats I'm looking after aren't great at conversation!!!

Anyone up for a coffee? Lunch? Drink??? I'm in Pakenham, but will be coming up to Sandringham and Cheltenham and Chelsea of the weekend to look at rentals.

Please save from going insane with nobody to talk to face to face iykwim!! :cute:

Sorry, but I'm back in the UK so coffee out. However, just wanted to give you a virtual hello and hope your fortunes change soon. I posted on here recently that apparently it really is a case of being a bit pushy and not waiting for them to respond. Follow up with telephone calls and even visits - you've got nothing to lose if they weren't going to employ you anyway. I'd employ someone who had a bit of get up and go and initiative, although I'm not an Aussie so I could be talking out of my rear! There are tips on here about CV preparation; maybe look at a different approach on that. I'll leave you in peace and get back to my pretty boring day. Also, what about volunteering just to get out of the house - animal sanctuary possibly? At least it's something to put on your CV and you never know, something may come up while you are talking to others. Good luck with everything, it must be so difficult

Guest BoekieOH

Hello We also live in Pakenham, more than welcome to come around for a cuppa to break the boredom. PM me if you're interested in that cuppa or glass of wine.

Gary and Sue

Hello!

Well, the title says it all really... I'm bored Sh**less!! Been here for 2.5 weeks. Thought last week that I had a job in the bag.... Still waiting, I think there's been a recruitment freeze :frown: or something, not sure, got told that manager was out of office, but then heard that a couple of other vacancies had been put on hold.

So I've moved forward and applied for 3 more jobs, which then leads to more waiting!!!

Add to that I'm here on my own, house sitting, which is free, and therefore great. But until I have a job, I don't know when my lovely hubby is going to arrive, because one of us has to be working!!

But, well, I don't know anyone else, and frankly the cats I'm looking after aren't great at conversation!!!

Anyone up for a coffee? Lunch? Drink??? I'm in Pakenham, but will be coming up to Sandringham and Cheltenham and Chelsea of the weekend to look at rentals.

Please save from going insane with nobody to talk to face to face iykwim!! :cute:

hi ally r u coming to st, kilda or pakenham lol??

Oh! I must have posted at the same time!! I want to do both.... (but not at the same time obviously!!)

See you in St Kilda tomorrow... BTW I'm tall, blonde and 'round'!

Gary and Sue... I'm going to PM you now!! :wubclub:

Guest rooneycymru

Hi Im new here (5 weeks) and bored shitless as well, the wife (who's Australian) is in work all day and i cant even get a bloody response from any jobs... i'm getting the feeling they dont want people from the UK here..

I Live in Bentleigh....

Help....!

Guest ComingDownUnder

Hey, I'm in Edithvale (near Chelsea) if you fancy a cuppa/glass of wine. PM me if you are about any time : ) Gemma

Archived