Post-visa blues

Kimanda

What's going on with my brain?

I should be flippin' grateful for getting the grant this week. I worked so damn hard to get it.

Instead I feel down, indecisive about which state to go to, whether Perth is right for us and whether I'll be able to find a job...

And the rental situation gets me even more down. Are we going to have to fight tooth and nail just for a place to live? I've heard ppl are having to camp??!!

I couldn't wait for this whole process to be over. And now it is I feel like...now what? It doesn't help that were not going til about 8 months time.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME? Anyone else felt like this? Should I just sleep it off?

:(

Hi,

We are just the same as you, didn't celebrate and couldnt tell one of our parents at the time as she was stressing over a health scare (ok now) but i agree it's like we have visa now what? we are going around same time as you so next step is getting a job and when flights are booked I guess things will accelerate again. I saw a thread today where someone had 2house viewings and 50+ people turned up to both!

Have you not done APHRA yet that will keep you busy!

Paul.

Don't worry about it. I think your reaction shows you have your feet on the ground and are realistic, it isn't a ticket to paradise after all. I was much the same upon visa grant, now we are here couldn't be happier with the move.

We are not that far along yet, wish we were, but alas hope we get there eventually!!

I honestly think that you have to jump through so many hoops to get the "golden ticket" that it perhaps could be a bit of an anti climax when you do get the OK. As has been said, at least you can relax a little and take stock of things.

I have read stories of people finding it difficult to get a rental, and I have also read stories of people applying for 3 houses and getting all three and being in the position of choosing which one is best for them. I think the key is to make sure you have all the right paperwork that they want and put yourself in the best position that you can with references etc and how you react to the real estate agents.

Good Luck.

I feel the same. Was relieved more than anything when we got our visa. I enjoyed the chase. I am now waiting for AHPRA and also the house to sell which has been on the market for 5 months. So at the moment i am feeling deflated and wondering if we will ever get to oz. once the house sells that will be the change for me and it will be all systems go with our move to oz. The dogs have had all their jabs, there is not much more I can do other than wait!! Seems its constantly a waiting game ;0(

Archived