AHPRA without a job offer ?

fossda

Hi all

Am at the end of my tether now with AHPRA

I have 'eligibility' and need to present in person with ID - thats fine. I'm going to Melbourne at the beginning of June but I dont have a job offer and dont want one at the moment as my house sale has fallen through and we are just coming on a reccie visit to activate but I must get my nursing reg sorted as well.

I've been in contact with agencies but they wont sign me up without registration with AHPRA and AHPRA wont give me reg without a job offer or statement from a potential employer !!!!! So what are you supposed to do ??

Has anybody please managed to register without a job offer ?

Im desperate now and this is just an ongoing nightmare.

Perhaps its time to throw in the towel and give up - and that makes me sooooo mad to feel like that after all the time money and effort that has gone into this process for 3 long years !!

Can anyone please shed any light

Thank you

Rachel x

Hi all

I have 'eligibility' and need to present in person with ID - thats fine. I'm going to Melbourne at the beginning of June but I dont have a job offer and dont want one at the moment as my house sale has fallen through and we are just coming on a reccie visit to activate but I must get my nursing reg sorted as well.

I've been in contact with agencies but they wont sign me up without registration with AHPRA and AHPRA wont give me reg without a job offer or statement from a potential employer !!!!! So what are you supposed to do ??

Perhaps its time to throw in the towel and give up - and that makes me sooooo mad to feel like that after all the time money and effort that has gone into this process for 3 long years !!

Thank you

Rachel x

Have you told them you have 'in principle' registration? It is as good as being registered, or so APHRA say. Loads of nurses get jobs with 'in principle' registration.

Hi all

Thank you

Rachel x

Hey Rachel,

Dont give up hope there are plenty of employers willing to offer work. I have been offered a job pre AHPRA and it's a firm one, they even put it in writing. xx

Hi,

I don't understand this why do you need a job offer? If everything has been processed and you have your letter of eligibility I thought all you had to do was to present in their office with I'd and a police check?

Paul.

Guest aoneill

Hi all,

i have a job offer in writing, and have no ahpra reg as yet. Don't give up now after all your hard work. keep us informed. x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sisch

Hi,

I'm in the same position. I've been having problems with them since I've started my AHPRA registration. The Melbourne office has been nothing but difficult and unprofessional, and just when you think you've made it they come up with something else they need.

I am in Australia now and was hoping to start work right away. I went into their office with my proof of ID. A passport, permanent visa and Medicare card, including a Medicare letter with my current address. I was told that it'll take 4-6 (!- another long wait) weeks to process my final registration as they will perform an australian (!) police check on me. Well, nothing will come up as I've just arrived here. But I did offer them original police checks from all the previous countries I've lived in, as I had to get them for my visa application anyway, but they weren't interested.

After 2 weeks I thought I might follow up (it took me 2 emails and a phone call for my 'case officer' to get back to me) and was told that the proof of ID is not sufficient and they will need an employment offer. I don't have one as I need the registration in order to apply for a job. I can't believe I've just wasted 2 weeks waiting for AHPRA.

This a link to their proof of ID page:

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Proof-of-Identity.aspx

It clearly states that if you hand in your proof of ID within 6 weeks of arrival in Australia you only need documents from Category A-C, as you would not have a utility bill in your name or a tenancy agreement.

I can't believe that this nursing board gets away with treating their members like hell.

Good luck to everyone.

I'm planning to call them again tomorrow and will post an update.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm in the same position. I've been having problems with them since I've started my AHPRA registration. The Melbourne office has been nothing but difficult and unprofessional, and just when you think you've made it they come up with something else they need.

I am in Australia now and was hoping to start work right away. I went into their office with my proof of ID. A passport, permanent visa and Medicare card, including a Medicare letter with my current address. I was told that it'll take 4-6 (!- another long wait) weeks to process my final registration as they will perform an australian (!) police check on me. Well, nothing will come up as I've just arrived here. But I did offer them original police checks from all the previous countries I've lived in, as I had to get them for my visa application anyway, but they weren't interested.

After 2 weeks I thought I might follow up (it took me 2 emails and a phone call for my 'case officer' to get back to me) and was told that the proof of ID is not sufficient and they will need an employment offer. I don't have one as I need the registration in order to apply for a job. I can't believe I've just wasted 2 weeks waiting for AHPRA.

This a link to their proof of ID page:

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Proof-of-Identity.aspx

It clearly states that if you hand in your proof of ID within 6 weeks of arrival in Australia you only need documents from Category A-C, as you would not have a utility bill in your name or a tenancy agreement.

I can't believe that this nursing board gets away with treating their members like hell.

Good luck to everyone.

I'm planning to call them again tomorrow and will post an update.

Cheers

Complain? http://www.ahpra.gov.au/About-AHPRA/Complaints.aspx? seems to work wonders!!

• 6 months later...
Hi all

Thank you

Rachel x

I had the full fees taken in full 4 weeks back of 9th Nov - AHPRA took $537 - £360.96

Not had any updates yet still in queue to be assigned to case officer...they have my job offer letter so I guess it will not take so long..

So hang in there...keep calling..or complaint...

Hi guys, have a quick question. Im applying for my APHRA registration from Ireland, have booked to go to oz in March next year and im just wondering (1) which city do u recommended me to send my application to for being the quickest processing time? and (2) i hav booked to fly into Sydney so if i need to present myself to the APHRA office when i arrive there will i have to apply to Sydney or can i still apply to one of the other cities, and still present myself to the Sydney office?

Thanks...

Hi guys, have a quick question. Im applying for my APHRA registration from Ireland, have booked to go to oz in March next year and im just wondering (1) which city do u recommended me to send my application to for being the quickest processing time? and (2) i hav booked to fly into Sydney so if i need to present myself to the APHRA office when i arrive there will i have to apply to Sydney or can i still apply to one of the other cities, and still present myself to the Sydney office?

Thanks...

hi smul,

You can apply to any city for AHPRA registration. If you applied to anyother than Sydney, but you present yourself in Sydney, they will send over the app to sydney.

Are you sure that your registration will be done by the time you go in March? Not sure about the 1st question...guess other would answer...

let us know how it goes...

Thanks...

Hello,

I asked the same question months ago (June) , was recommended Adelaide or Darwin for fastest processing. Sent application to Adelaide, it took less than a month:wubclub:

. Make sure you`ve got everything included the first time since they seem to get delays with applications that are missing something. All documents need to be certified - notary public is a sure bet but there are couple more

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Certifying-Documents.aspx

Good luck with your application!

Archived