Partner skills

Sharon taylor

Ive been trawling through the immi web site to see if we can squeeze any more points as hubby needs 8`s in the ielts for us to get the extra points, has taken it twice and refuses to do it again!!! well he might if we can get these points as he would only need 7`s he might have another go!!

ive just realised that my btec national diploma in interior design would qualify us for an extra 5 points under the partner skills, vetassess are the assessing authority but i just want to be clear on the evidence required to submit with the application, and should i pay for the advisory letter?

fingers crossed that someone can help :)

Hi,

I know that it says that partner HAS TO have a skills assessment from a relevant authority ( in our case ANMAC). They will require the determination letter then in my understanding. That would be a nono:nah: for us - another 800 $. The IELTS would be definitelly cheaper, or you could get 5 extra points for state sponsorship. Hope this helps.

Ive been trawling through the immi web site to see if we can squeeze any more points as hubby needs 8`s in the ielts for us to get the extra points, has taken it twice and refuses to do it again!!! well he might if we can get these points as he would only need 7`s he might have another go!!

ive just realised that my btec national diploma in interior design would qualify us for an extra 5 points under the partner skills, vetassess are the assessing authority but i just want to be clear on the evidence required to submit with the application, and should i pay for the advisory letter?

fingers crossed that someone can help :)

Are both occupations on the same SOL?

Hi,

I know that it says that partner HAS TO have a skills assessment from a relevant authority ( in our case ANMAC). They will require the determination letter then in my understanding. That would be a nono:nah: for us - another 800 $. The IELTS would be definitelly cheaper, or you could get 5 extra points for state sponsorship. Hope this helps.

well we are both over 40 so we need the ss and the partner skills for the extra points trying for a 457 RSS visa now or a 121 ENS

I am not familiar with that type of visa, hopefully someone will respond who`s in the know.... didn`t they just ( or are about to) raise the age bracket to 50?

Yes they are but you don't get the points once-over 45, still have a couple of years to go ;)

well we are both over 40 so we need the ss and the partner skills for the extra points trying for a 457 RSS visa now or a 121 ENS

You don't need points for a 457 or 121 visa. You need a willing employer sponsor.

Archived