Is $750 dollars basic take home pay decent money?

His wife is going to be earning 600 dollars as well, can't people add up, they will be on 1650 per week.

I can add up,but did round down. The wage looks like $150 a day for 5 days a week and double pay for Saturday. That's a total of $1050 for a six day week. That is very bad money for working very hard. OK, his wife hopes to get $600 a week from part time teaching and that would take it up to $1650 a week - but that looks like a lot of work and very little play - which is probably a good thing as there would be very little money left over to play with. IMO.

Guest Andy
I can add up,but did round down. The wage looks like $150 a day for 5 days a week and double pay for Saturday. That's a total of $1050 for a six day week. That is very bad money for working very hard. OK, his wife hopes to get $600 a week from part time teaching and that would take it up to $1650 a week - but that looks like a lot of work and very little play - which is probably a good thing as there would be very little money left over to play with. IMO.

Hi PP,

Just wondering really as someone who would know, what is a reasonable wage in your opinion, i know we all have different circumstances but generally what do you think would be a reasonably healthy wage for 2 adults and 3 kids?

Hi PP,

Just wondering really as someone who would know, what is a reasonable wage in your opinion, i know we all have different circumstances but generally what do you think would be a reasonably healthy wage for 2 adults and 3 kids?

redacted personal details - those who asked the question have had the opportunity to read my answer but I don't want it preserved on public view for ever

Guest The Ropey HOFF

You both incorrectly mis-read my original post, where i said 'figures', you both added them up differently and wrongly, its no big deal. Lets move on.

Clearly no one thinks, or is saying that $750 per week for a family of five, is enough to live comfortably on.

Archived