Fly on 5th June EEEEEK

vixxy666

My partner moved to rockhampton qld 4 weeks ago whilst i remained in the UK to finish my degree, learn to drive(hoepfully) our furniture left when he did and its been a tough 4 weeks but.... I have finished my dissertation, done one test and only have one exam remaining. I have learned to drive and have my test on monday and enough time for a resit after that ill have to wait till im over there. I have managed on an airbed and very little else and its been very stressful, felt low and extremely lonely especially as cant skype on his stupid dongle! but I've got through the worst and fly in 27 days and reunited in 29 cannot wait to start our new life. Hes sorted us a car and house (457 visa -very easy) and is eagerly awaiting my arrival and then our furniture around the same time! Our cats are with the grandparents being suprisingly well behaved and will sent in Sept. I have interviews with 3 recruitement agents so feeling very positive about the move.

Just wanted to share my little story as some people worry about being seperated but it is doable and all that keeps me going is the officer and a gentleman moment when he picks me up at the airport, on a white horse, with the body of a chippendale.....lol

Yeah there next on my to do list lol I did look for a new home but couldnt find anyone who was "good" enough....maybe they could never be. Got a cat friendly rental so all going in the right direction and i leave work 1st June so got some heavy nights out to enjoy my last few weeks in the UK :)

Guest sadiesmum

Hi Vixxy

that all sounds so exciting! We are just waiting for our visas to be approved before we start planning our move to Rockhampton. How has your OH found it there? Any surprises (nice or otherwise?)

Great news that you have decided to take your cats with you. We had our boy vaccinated for Rabies about 3 weeks ago and he had a bit lump on his neck after, luckily it seems to be going down a bit now, I felt very guilty that I had put him in danger in some way for my own selfish reason of wanting him to come with us!

Good luck with your driving test, from what I have seen of Rocky a car is essential in getting around. Im sure there will be lots of job opportunities for you too.

27 days will fly by!

Great post Vixxy!

Wow you have been busy!

I feel for you being on your own, don't know if I could of done it. :notworthy:

The next few weeks will fly by and then you begin your new life together.

I wish you all good things for the future and the best of luck for the interviews!

Jxxxx.

Hi Sadiesmum, he really likes it, says theres some rough bits like here but nothing to write home about. Hes been to the beach, botanical gardens, zoo etc loved it all and went to the pub and got chatting to people everyone at work and shops is very friendly from his experience. Only negative for me is the insects...lots of them not really spiders, crickets, dragon flies, beetles etc but lots of little lizzards which eat them and i like lizzards phew loads of cane toads aswell but other than that so far so good. Keep in touch as we want to take up tennis :)

thanks munchkinella its been hard going but just had to keep thinking about what was waiting and the times goes quicker than i expected! Im eating Kalms like sweets in preparation for my driving test that and my exam going well would be the icing on the cake :)

Ah, Thats brill,

My partner is flying out in a few weeks and then ill follow out 6-8 weeks later. I'm dreading it. Good to know other people are in the same boat.

hey jag don't worry you'll get through it but it's hard but nice to miss the oh makes us get a new appreciation for each other. The excitement will keep u going and u get to spend time with friends before leaving just keep busy :) pm if u want a chat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest51333

Hi Vixxy66 so glad you decided to take your cats, wow how fast has the time gone, how did you get on with your driving test? Not long to go now hey, bet you cant wait, hope everything goes really well for you xx

hey yeah the cats are turning out to be a nightmare again destroying parents furniture and getting all the paper work from the vets but I'm sure it'll be worth it once were there and there settled. I passed such a relief so trying to get a job but not many in rockhampton for my trade so having to consider living apart through the week and me working in Brisbane but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. starting to feel very excited but stressed got my uni exam in a week so I'll feel better after that. Hope everything ok with u :)

Guest sadiesmum

congratulations on passing your driving test, that will make your life easier in Oz for sure!

Guest sadiesmum
Thanks how's things with u?

All good. Still waiting for the visa, it feels like its taking forever and all I want to do is start organizing things!

Indi, my cat, had a reaction to the rabies jab and we had to have a biopsy on the lump that had formed, thankfully it appears to be ok and the vet has given us anti inflammatory and antibiotics. I felt so guilty for putting him at risk.

How are your boys behaving? I bet you are missing them.

Sadie poor indi it's just one of those things though don't feel bad you weren't to ow that could happen I'm sure he'll be fine. Those cats of mine are going to give me a heart attack at this rate missing them but max is doing his best to annoy parentsvtherecreally not happy so feel like I should redone him but don't want to its all just a never ending saga keep peeled for the end of August he they can fly cos until then who knows what's gonna happen :( doodles being goodish he's just cheeky n plays his man is he's safe lol 17 days for me cannot wait got littler good group of friends there so there'll be plenty of bbq's u can come to :)

Guest martin bryant

Hi Vixxy would you mind telling me who you are using to take your cats to Oz and is it very expensive? How long do they have to be in quarantine? Many thanks.

Hi Martin I'm using petair bob on here is great so helpful and making things easier for 2 cats it's around ~4k with jabs bloods etc there all roughly the same price so I've gone for reputation. They spend 30 days minimum in quarentine. They have to have blood tests a few weeks after there rabies jabs which is the point u have 5 months from before they can go you can send hem earlier and have in quarentine longer but very expensive hence we have them staying with parents. Hope this helps vicky

Archived