Coffs Harbour Area!

Nickster

Hi....is the anyone living in the Coffs Harbour area? We are living in Emerald Beach which is near Woolgoolga so just outside Coffs and would love to hear from others in the area. We have 2 boys age 9 and 6......?!

:rolleyes::cute::biglaugh::err::arghh::dull::wink:

not there yet but hopefully will be moving to boambee/toormina/ sawtell/south coffs area soon. have a house with my partner (he's an aussie i'm a pom!) in boambee at present but are looking to live further towards transport links schools etc.. i'm not in Oz at the present time. over here in miserable england sorting marriage visa's out to move over permanent. will be back over there in 9 weeks. just got back here after 3 months. my two boys are older than yours at 12 and 14 but just to let you know u r not the only pommies in the area and i think the coffs coast area is the best place to live! XXXX:rolleyes:

My partner (he's British) and I (an Ozzie) live in the Coffs area - about 15 minutes out of town. Would love to meet up sometime. Send me a pm and we will see what we can organise. He'd love to have someone to reminise with. :)

Dont envy you carol123. We have been throught the visa process for my British partner and it's a nightmare. But there is light at the end of the tunnell. Hope to catch-up with you when your back in Oz, we are just down the road a bit from Boambee and know the area really well. Is your partner/hubby from the local area?

yes. he is an aussie. was born in sydney but moved up to coffs as a young bloke. where abouts in the uk is your partner from? i'm from sale, cheshire. i'm going to regret asking this but how did the visa process become a nightmare????. :sad:

XXXX

yes. he is an aussie. was born in sydney but moved up to coffs as a young bloke. where abouts in the uk is your partner from? i'm from sale, cheshire. i'm going to regret asking this but how did the visa process become a nightmare????. :sad:

XXXX

Was a nightmare because of the amount of paperwork and evidence that is required. We applied onshore and the uncertainity of it all was very stressful, the length of time they take to issue it. I was constantly worried what if they don't believe us, what if they dont issue the visa before the medicals and police certificate expire, what if.......omg the what if's kept me awake at night. Collating all the stuff together and what order to present it in, paper clips or staples or none at all, folder or no folder.....it was endless.

In the end it all worked out and my stressing and organising was worth it and I now have the love of my life with me and he can stay here. so I am now one very, very happy lady!!!!

Here hoping things work out just as well for you both. What school did your partner go to. I grew up in the Boambee area so might know him from school!! How weird would that be....

My partner was born in the Black Country - Dudley, but more recently from mid Wales, which is absolutely gorgeous.

Would love to meet you both (unless I already know your partner) at some stage when you get back here.

Cheers Lucy

yea. i see what u mean about the visa process. we haven't officially started it yet and my brain aches!

my partner moved to Nambucca when he was about 19 so didn't go to school there. one thing i am finding it difficult to get any info. on is are myself and two kids entitled to medicare once we enter on the PMV and are the kids free then to enter the local secondary school?

how have these things worked out for your partner with these things or similar?

i am aware i am entitled to work, which is good but like i say what other entitlements would we be eligible for on the PMV?

it sounds like i am asking "what can i use Australia for?" but that is not it. it's just that without medical care and schooling for the kids, we will have to rethink our plans. how, i don't know. but there you go.

i just want to enter, marry, work, pay my taxes, respect the country who have 'adopted' us and have the facility to provide care and education for my children like i do here.

carol

xxxx

Hi Carol

Not sure about the "benefits" of the PMV, although from our experience you can access Medicare, with a yellow medicare card (not the green one that australians get), this will not give the full benefits until you are a permanent resident. Im not sure exactly what the yellow medicare card gives you (my partner has one but hasn't used it yet) but Im sure it will tell you on the medicare site. I would not let the medicare side of things influence your decision to live in oz, as its not that much of an advantage.

The big question is the schooling as I have read it can be expensive if you are not entitled to use the public system, but I have not had any experience in this area as my kids are both australian. Although depends if your kids are australian or english or both. The best thing would be to check with the n.s.w department of education, they would be able to clarify for you.

You will not be entitled to an nsw drivers licence till you're an australian resident or you have to have been here for an unbroken period of 6 months and then the licence is only valid for 12 months and renewal requires the 6 month requirement.

Hope this helps...pls pm if i can help you with anything else :)

Archived