WA SS obligations

smithinoz

Morning all,

Can anyone tell me whether as the primary applicant, you have to work straight away - or can you take a break? If you do have to work, does it have to be in your nominated occupation? Or can you do anything? Can the secondary applicant work instead?

Thanks x

Hi,

You can take a break and tour Australia. If you are touring for an extended period, say a year or so, and if WA guys call you - you can tell them that you are touring and not ready to move to WA. When you finally make the move, just call them up and let them know that you are starting your 2 years.

You can work in any occupation you like. Good luck!

EDIT: Regarding the secondary applicant - sure, as long as you are both living in WA and your OH works - it's just as fine. Do note that, all of this is a 'moral obligation' and it is your effort that counts and are not legally required to even stay in WA, only for the sake of complete information :)

Guest yogeshsv

Hi all, if you have visa 475 to WA, as per obligation, should you work for 12 months in 2 years in the same field for which you have been nominated or the full time work in other fields also counts? Is the break in 12 months is allowed? or it should be continuous 12 months?

Hi all, if you have visa 475 to WA, as per obligation, should you work for 12 months in 2 years in the same field for which you have been nominated or the full time work in other fields also counts? Is the break in 12 months is allowed? or it should be continuous 12 months?

The same as 176, you are not required to work in that nominated occupation.

The same as 176, you are not required to work in that nominated occupation.

Hi huythai,

I think, it depends on the nominated occupation. There is a list somewhere, if the occupation comes under that then the OP has to work in their nominated occupation. I could be wrong, though.

EDIT: I just tried to find that link but can't seem to trace it, though I remember reading something along those lines. Please ignore the above post

Archived