Visa Q's about Qualifications

cronemeister

Hi

I've been offered a job on a sponsored 457 visa, I'm currently waiting on my prospective employers notifying me that they have had their nomination approval confirmed and providing me with the relevant reference numbers in order for me to make my application.

I've been digging around with regards to the paperwork that I may need to submit for my application. I have also been in touch with my mate (who previously had the job that I'm going out their to do), and they have sponsored loads of people over the years to. I have been asking the question about whether or not I will need to provide proof of my qualifications.

The reason I'm asking this is that my qualifications are all from 15-20 years ago. I have been in touch with the relevant awarding bodies as I have lost the certificates that I obtained when I qualified. There is going to be a substantial cost in me obtaining replacement certificates.....if they can even find any record of me as it is from so long ago (their websites state that they cannot guarantee that they can find records on their databases). My qualifications however are in no way related to the job that I am being employed as in Australia. My previous 10 years experience with my existing employer is what has got me the job so I'm wondering whether I actually need to go to the trouble of paying for and trying and hoping that the relevant awarding bodies can find my records and issue me with replacement certificates, or whether to wait and see if they are requested from the DIAC. The awarding body websites state that requests for replacements could take up to 5 weeks (assuming that they can find a record of me), but I don't really want to go to the trouble and expense of obtaining them if they are not required. My mate who had the job before me reckons I won't be asked for them as its my experience that is the most relevant thing (especially as my qualifications are not relevant!).

Any advice please would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Its a tough call, they do ask for proof of qualifications. But whether they are relevant to the position is a good question.

I would get them as its good to show you have trained / studied to some degree.

Sods law states that you probably wont need them, if you get them and you will if you don't.

Hi

I've been offered a job on a sponsored 457 visa, I'm currently waiting on my prospective employers notifying me that they have had their nomination approval confirmed and providing me with the relevant reference numbers in order for me to make my application.

I've been digging around with regards to the paperwork that I may need to submit for my application. I have also been in touch with my mate (who previously had the job that I'm going out their to do), and they have sponsored loads of people over the years to. I have been asking the question about whether or not I will need to provide proof of my qualifications.

The reason I'm asking this is that my qualifications are all from 15-20 years ago. I have been in touch with the relevant awarding bodies as I have lost the certificates that I obtained when I qualified. There is going to be a substantial cost in me obtaining replacement certificates.....if they can even find any record of me as it is from so long ago (their websites state that they cannot guarantee that they can find records on their databases). My qualifications however are in no way related to the job that I am being employed as in Australia. My previous 10 years experience with my existing employer is what has got me the job so I'm wondering whether I actually need to go to the trouble of paying for and trying and hoping that the relevant awarding bodies can find my records and issue me with replacement certificates, or whether to wait and see if they are requested from the DIAC. The awarding body websites state that requests for replacements could take up to 5 weeks (assuming that they can find a record of me), but I don't really want to go to the trouble and expense of obtaining them if they are not required. My mate who had the job before me reckons I won't be asked for them as its my experience that is the most relevant thing (especially as my qualifications are not relevant!).

Any advice please would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

For some occupations from some designated countries a skills assessment is mandatory.; for which you would need to submit qualifications and other evidence. In some cases evidence of ability to perform the relevant duties is sufficient. There have been recent changes to the subclass 457 visa criteria. Your prospective employer might be able to enlighten you.

Archived