What tax rebates/childcare rebates can you claim on a 457 Visa?

SmithFamily

I've got PR

Not as bad in that case you get a 50% rebate on the child care plus you get some child benefit as well not sure how much though.

New sums $175 child care, $400 rent, $250 = $825 so you have $275 for everything else.

Can your other half get a job?

Not as bad in that case you get a 50% rebate on the child care plus you get some child benefit as well not sure how much though.

New sums $175 child care, $400 rent, $250 = $825 so you have $275 for everything else.

Can your other half get a job?

if his/her other half is not working they will not need to pay childcare I would assume?

My other half will work but will need to find a job which may take a while. My son will not go to nursery immediately but he will start fairly soon after arrival as he goes to nursery here and gets a lot out of it. I appreciate that with a second salary that will make a difference but $10k/month still sounds an awful lot.

You must ve it wrong, that's £325 a week in child care. If you have not ot it wrong it looks like child care is the business to get in to.

UK childcare runs at about £1,200 per month. Same sh1t diff place unfortunately

My other half will work but will need to find a job which may take a while. My son will not go to nursery immediately but he will start fairly soon after arrival as he goes to nursery here and gets a lot out of it. I appreciate that with a second salary that will make a difference but $10k/month still sounds an awful lot.

Your childcare bill will be at least half that of a 457 holder.

UK childcare runs at about £1,200 per month. Same sh1t diff place unfortunately

£1,200 x 2.2 = $2640/month...is it really that high in the UK?....it costs around $800/month where I live in Brisbane if you have PR....or less if you earn under $120,000.

our outgoings are appx as follows:-

1. RENT = $450 per week

2. SHOPPING = $250 per week (minimum)

3. CHILDCARE = $560 per week

and thats before you add in any electricity bills, water bills, internet, phone, car costs, shortfall on UK mortgage (rent received does not cover it all), medical etc etc.

the joys of being a parent!!! lol :)

Not sure what to suggest for your outgoings in OZ but can you do anything about the excess on your UK mortgage? C

If you havent already, perhaps change it to Interest Only, Increase the rent, (changing house to room only tenants pays more) etc?