scaffolders

sunbeam

Hi all

hoping to get a 457 for my occupation. My partner is a scaffolder with a Health and safety qualification. Does anyone have anyone have any info regarding scaffolding jobs in Perth and do you need any extra qualifications,conversions etc. We would be very grateful for any info/advice

Thanks in advance

:smile:

Sunbeam

Guest david wise

Hi were flying out in two weeks can have a look round for you i'm a brickie so should be able to find out something for you,,,,,my oh is chloe or mizzmp on here she's a gold mine of info......good luck with your move Dave Chloe

Hi were flying out in two weeks can have a look round for you i'm a brickie so should be able to find out something for you,,,,,my oh is chloe or mizzmp on here she's a gold mine of info......good luck with your move Dave Chloe

Hi Dave

thanks we would really appreciate that. Congratulations on your move! Where you staying? will have a million and one questions. Will try to look up Chloe's posts, but am a bit of a technophobe , any useful tales over your move would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Sunbeam

He should be ok...Although may need to go the FIFO route...as scaffolders are in demand up there.

You could sign up for the digital version of the paper "The West Australian" Saturdays edition seems to carry the job adverts.

Seek.com.au only showing 3 positions for a scaffolder in WA, all based in Port Hedland though.

I got chatting to a kiwi scaffolder down at Garden Island Naval base in Sydney. He was working for a British company over in WA on one of the big Liquid Natural Gas projects over near Port Hedland or the like on NW of Western Australia. He said this mob had a load of British scaffolders doing work suspended scaffolding on jetties. Sounded a good deal, it was FIFO, live in a compound with a couple of pubs, own room and Foxtel, accomodation and food paid for. Good money, over $2,000 take home per week. You're not spending much either. He said he was paying more in tax over there than he took home in Sydney. So my advice is get into those big resources companies!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jordanvb

Hi I'm am flying over to Australia in 2 months I was just wondering is my part 2 and confined space cards recognised ? Or do I have to take the courses again! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived