job vacancies

fitzpm

hi everyone,new to the forum looking for some advice.

my family and i plan on moving to launceston,maybe hobart, aug 2013,my worry is about the lack of jobs,my wife is a midwife so hopefully no problem there,i'm willing to do about almost anything,no change that,anything,i'm worried that there might not be anything.

we would love to make our home in tasmania,i'm hoping it's not as bleak as it's painted when it comes to jobs.

my family and i migrated to PERTH WA 2003 but returned to SCOTLAND 2008,various reasons,we planned on returning to brisbane but feel pulled to TASMANIA as it seems to everything that we want and need.

no problems about moving to brisbane but would just prefer TASMANIA.

appreciate any answers and possible advice.:rolleyes:

Hi fitzpm,

We were in a similar positon to yourselves when we moved out. I didn't think I'd have any trouble finding work, which I didn't, but my O/h had a little bit of trouble in the first few weeks, which I've gotta admit made us slightly twitchy.

However all worked out in the end, and perserverence allways pays off. So as long as you keep an open mind on what you do, and get it in your head that you'll probably have to go knockin on doors then there's definatley still jobs out there.

Chris x

Hi fitzpm,

We were in a similar positon to yourselves when we moved out. I didn't think I'd have any trouble finding work, which I didn't, but my O/h had a little bit of trouble in the first few weeks, which I've gotta admit made us slightly twitchy.

However all worked out in the end, and perserverence allways pays off. So as long as you keep an open mind on what you do, and get it in your head that you'll probably have to go knockin on doors then there's definatley still jobs out there.

Chris x

thanks for getting back,has given me a little bit of hope,tasmania looks beautiful,having never been it's a huge gamble,that was our first choice to migrate to but we chickened out and went to perth instead,perth is lovely but i couldn't move back there so it's off to tasmania next year.

here's hoping it'll be alright.

thanks.

Hi firzpm,

I think you'll feel more at home in Tassie than Perth or Brisbane: it's much more like Scotland but warmer (generally)!

The economy is slowing at the moment, although it's not widely acknowledged that some areas - particularly agriculture - are doing very well here. (Not that I'm suggesting that you want to get into agriculture but everything has spinoffs into other parts of the economy). The last 4 PIOers who arrived here have all obtained jobs.

Between now and August 2013 you'll have time to do some research and get a feel for what is happening where.

What have you done in the past?

Vivien

Hobart

Hi firzpm,

I think you'll feel more at home in Tassie than Perth or Brisbane: it's much more like Scotland but warmer (generally)!

The economy is slowing at the moment, although it's not widely acknowledged that some areas - particularly agriculture - are doing very well here. (Not that I'm suggesting that you want to get into agriculture but everything has spinoffs into other parts of the economy). The last 4 PIOers who arrived here have all obtained jobs.

Between now and August 2013 you'll have time to do some research and get a feel for what is happening where.

What have you done in the past?

Vivien

Hobart

hi vivien,thanks for getting back,

i worked for a major distribution company in the UK as a health and safety manager,whilst in perth i worked in a warehouse as a stock manager and forklift truck driver,i also have 10yrs sales manager experience and worked as a driving instructor but pretty much willing to try my hand at anything that comes along,can't be to fussy can we?

ps what is PIOers? :goofy:

Archived