Schools and Uniform in Perth

Guest Nicki Kefford

Guest Nicki Kefford

Hi my Name is Harlea,

I'm going to be moving over to Perth in February and the biggest worry for me is the schools.

Wether the teachers are strict or the lessons are tricky.Also is the uniform horrible and do you get to hot in them in the Summer?

These questions probably sound stupid but i'm a girl and that's what girls are like. :cute:

Please i hope someone can get back to me on this.

Love Harlea

xx:wubclub:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Harlea

I am bumping this post back up to the top for you because I'm sure someone can help with your question.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Harlea

My son is 13 & loves school over here alot better than in the UK he says. The work is easier as he cover most of it last year in school so that gave him a chance to make friends & relax and the teachers are not as strict as in the UK. As for the uniforms it really depends what school you are going to my son is at a soccer college & wears shorts & polo shirts to school and so do the girls. All the uniforms I have seen are really good & no you will not be warm in the summer in them as they take the heat into account they have trouser for the winter & shorts for the summer. I hope this helps a bit Harlea. Don't worry you will love it over here.

Janette

Hi Harlea,

Merry Chirstmas to you and your mum, dad and Phoebe. This will be an exciting but scary time with the move coming so soon now, so I can quite understand you starting to think of things like uniform.

Alex is just finishing Primary School (she has her graduation ceremony today and it's quite a big thing), her uniform is nice and very practical, in summer (although she's worn this all year), you can wear shorts, skirts or skorts (alex chose skorts) and a polo shirt with the school logo. On days that they do sport (at her school) she wears a coloured house shirt. In winter they can wear track type pants and a track top with the school logo. This year, the year 7's wore a special polo shirt because it was their last year. The school shirt normally red with blue trim - the year 7's wore a blue shirt with red in it, but on the back it said leavers 07 and had all their names on. I've seen a couple of the nearby high schools have leavers jackets which look pretty cool.

Alex starts high school in February - you can mix and match the uniform there too, skirt or pants with polo or shirt and they have a lovely navy blue summer dress which looks really nice. The best thing is you get to wear 'runners' (trainers) instead of sensible school shoes.

Hope this reassures you a bit - have a great Christmas

Luv Ali

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nicki Kefford

Thanks Janette and Ali.Thanks both of you for giving me that great advise.It really does help.I'm going to show my sister what you've said aswell so she feels better.

Hope you all have a great christmas and happy new year.

I feel loads better going to Oz now.

I was wondering since Janette's son goes to soccer college, do they have any music or drama colleges because I love to do Drama and Music (singing). :cute:

Thanks loads love

Harlea and Family.

xx :wubclub:

Guest Nicki Kefford

Also thanks Gill for putting my post back on top.I think if you didn't do that no-one else would reply to this thread.

Thanks again

Love Harlea

xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hannah_j12

Hi my name is hannah,

im 12 and i go to school here in australia. I'm just a bit south of Perth and i find it very quiet at times but a very nice area!! I dont kniw about others but i find school here rather easy when compared to english schools. there are more sports events and interschool events than in england but classroom work is relatively easy!!

there are summer and winter uniforms in most schools. in most private schools you are given a uniform but in some state (public) schools you are just given a school top and you can buy a skirt, pair of trousers etc. if you want. i think you'll enjoy school here as it is less hard and less busy than in england

Archived