Migration officer fees???

twistbexter

Hi does anyone know if you pay the migration officer their charges upfront??? We were gonna try and do it all on our own but after reading posts about people losing money because certain documents were not contained in their visa application so maybe its worth getting a migration officer involved!! How much roughly could the whole process be???

Hi we used an agent at the beginning because we had to get trade papers for my DH and didn't know where to begin (hadn't found POI at that stage!). You can get just as much info from here and the DIAC website as your agent will give IMO. We got trade papers and then when it came time for TRA they wanted a ridiculous amount of money so I decided to do it myself, if you have a step to do before you go for the main application maybe use one so you can get a handle on what is being looked for document wise, after that you'll realise that you're paying them so you can do all of the work and they get to check it and send it off for you.

Or try a few of them and see if any of them have a service just for checking application it might be cheaper

Good luck with it whichever way you go!

Hi we used an agent at the beginning because we had to get trade papers for my DH and didn't know where to begin (hadn't found POI at that stage!). You can get just as much info from here and the DIAC website as your agent will give IMO. We got trade papers and then when it came time for TRA they wanted a ridiculous amount of money so I decided to do it myself, if you have a step to do before you go for the main application maybe use one so you can get a handle on what is being looked for document wise, after that you'll realise that you're paying them so you can do all of the work and they get to check it and send it off for you.

Or try a few of them and see if any of them have a service just for checking application it might be cheaper

Good luck with it whichever way you go!

Thank you so much xx

There are many people on the Forum that have successfully lodged their application without a RMA. But is is always advisable to run your case past a RMA before starting the Process.

Reading through all documentation - I.e. Booklet 6, points test and the general information on the DIAC site, all the information is there. In the last week there has been 3 (2 applications had school teacher) people on the forum that have not done the IELTS before - due to not reading the documentation before submitting their application - 1. didnt calculate points correctly 2. they thought that having a English degree sould give them points for Superior English - when the test set by the minister is the only way to get points for English Ability 3. didnt calculate points till after lodging application.

Moral of the story is to read through the documentation before lodging your application.

Archived