Barber help in Sydney!

Steph86

• 2 weeks later...

Sydney only has about four and a half million people so I guess it might be a needle in a haystack job.

Just about every suburb, no make that EVERY suburb has at least one barber. Personally I prefer the cheap ones around Central - $10 in Devonshire St for a basic cut but if you want the full treatment most of them do that, shave with a cut throat razor, etc. There's a barber in Rose Bay in New South Head Road that looks 'traditional' but I doubt whether you'd get any better service.

Come to think of it, there is a huge new place on Riley St, just off Oxford St in Darlinghurst which looks 'tradtional' albeit it with 21st Century prices.

But I like going to the place in Devonshire St - can't remember the name but it's the only one between Chalmers and Elizabeth Sts on Devonshire. They are Lebanese blokes I think. One laughed when I stopped him half way through getting my beard shaved off so he could take a photo.

There's a hairdressing school in Glebe where you can get free or cheap cuts/beauty treatment as long as you are prepared to be a 'model' for the students.

Guest MackyD

OK. Flip side. Don't care about where to get a short back and sides. What about a proper haircut? :biggrin: Any tips for central hairdressers where they use scissors instead of razors and don't ask if the hair wash is optional :wink:

OK. Flip side. Don't care about where to get a short back and sides. What about a proper haircut? :biggrin: Any tips for central hairdressers where they use scissors instead of razors and don't ask if the hair wash is optional :wink:

Lucky you to have hair still to wash! When I'm swimming every day I never bother washing what is left of mine but as soon as I stop swimming for a few days the shampoo comes out. My bloody hair grows in all the places I don't want it to grow - eyebrows, nose, ears, back of my 'Gregory' - 'I don't want that Reagan breathing down my Gregory' - One of my fave lines from The Sweeney!

Archived