Police clearance from scotland

jag

Hey guys,

Just looking into getting my ppc sorted.I'm from Ireland but studied in Aberdeen for a few years.

I spoke with Grampian police today and they can issue ppc, but I also noticed that a lot of people use acro police certificates. Has anyone any experience from Scotland were you apply for your Pcc?

All comments welcomed. :)

The form is self explanatory - you fill in the addresses where you live and also tick box stating you have/or live in Scotland.

You should not do your PCC until your CO asks you to, this is the advice from DIAC - and this will be the advice your agent will give you. But doing it before you even have lodged your visa you are shortening the amount of time you have to validate your visa.

ACRO took about a week to come back, dont worry about it until you gat a CO

Cool thanks for that, just double checking.

I will hang back, as the medicals will take a while too. Thank you!

The form is self explanatory - you fill in the addresses where you live and also tick box stating you have/or live in Scotland.

You should not do your PCC until your CO asks you to, this is the advice from DIAC - and this will be the advice your agent will give you. But doing it before you even have lodged your visa you are shortening the amount of time you have to validate your visa.

ACRO took about a week to come back, dont worry about it until you gat a CO

Cool thanks for that, just double checking.

I will hang back, as the medicals will take a while too. Thank you!

The medicals dont take long - you will magnage to get a date really quickly (within a couple of days) from the Shawfair Spire Hospital in Edinburgh. All going well with your medicals, my OH took 1 week to finalise, mine and my daughters took a couple of days longer as they were referred.

Guest GeorgeD

I had my medical for my Spouse Visa at Shawfair Spire too. I scheduled mine a few weeks in advance, but they could have fitted me in within a week if I wanted, so there is unlikely to be a long wait for an appointment.

Guest GeorgeD

Yeah, I went with Standard, can't remember how long it took, but it was less than the time it says on the application form for it.

Archived