Ambulance Only Cover

Guest sporto

Guest sporto

Anyone know of an ambo only cover that isn't a fortune for 457 visa holders. Bupa want to charge $160 a month for something that Aussies pay $60 a year for!

My understanding was that on a temp visa you couldnt get health cover.Since bagging the Perm visa im with HBf. My ex partner had to be taken into Freo A+E a few times and with the knowledge we were not Perm Reso's any charges were waived... A quick signature took care of all the meds and attention.

Guest Guest26012

Try HIF. We are perm residents but we only pay Ambo cover and dentist, physio etc. They seem pretty reasonable.

We have been in Sydney now for 1 month and want to cancel our $170 pm Bupa cover as it basicly covers you for the same as Medicare! The problem is, I can't find anyone who just provides ambulance cover for someone on a 457 visa.

Can anyone help?

In south australia we just registered direct with the ambulance service, as private health doesn't cover all ambulance trips anyway (lots of grey areas). I know in Queensland, anyone living there is covered automatically, so it does vary state to state. Not sure a bout NSW, I'll have a quick google, see if I can find anything

edit to add: so it seems in NSW, the only option is private health.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TeeBonE Jo

Hi Sporto,

Are you from victoria?..if your from victoria you can join Ambulance Victoria..You'll just pay $38.35 per year if for single and $76.70 for family...Thanx hope this helps...

• 3 months later...
Guest MADTOM

Just been shafted. Bought Ambo insurance from Mutual community last year now find it did not even cover us as we are on 457 visa! Bloody good job we did not need an ambulance! :cry:

Archived