Cost of shipping cat from Australia to the UK??

Guest SupportPants

Guest SupportPants

Just wondered what sort of cost I'd be looking at to bring my cat back to Blighty - from Brisbane to London. Anyone done this and can recommend a company?

I've just sent mine to Greece and it was $2300 + final vet check-up $190. Uk would be around $2500 due to the landing charge the UK impose. I used Skypets in Sydney who were very good but Singapore airlines who carried him didn't seem to treat him very well at all :( He arrived distressed with no food or water.

Your cat will need a rabies jab 30 days prior to departing Australia also.

I'm taking two cats back to UK from Oz (must be mad but whatcha gonna do?) and will probably be going with JetPets. Have been quoted approx A$3500 for the two, Perth to London. Will be slightly more if I want 'door to door' service apparently.

I have yet to shop around so I may be able to get it cheaper but that's an approx, will obviously be cheaper for just the one.

• 1 year later...
also would like to know the costs.

CrimsonPetal, does the $3500, include everything? or is there vet fees on top of that? and quarantine fees? We are also taking to cats Perth to UK

There are no quarantine fees at the UK end, providing you have had your Rabies shot done at least 21 days before you leave Aus.

Jetpets quote for us, was fully inclusive, but they quoted a while ago, and we will need to get another quote, as I would think the price will be different now.

We have a wooden crate for our 2 cats, and it has a dividing wall,so they are both side by side, but not together.

The crate is the one with brought them out in

I think the quote is based on the size of the crate ,so whether it be 2 singles or a double crate, I would not think there would be a lot of difference in the price

Hi Sarabuilding your quote is kinder than mine :chatterbox: I was yesterday quoted $4100 for 2 cats. Do you mind me asking where your departure and arrival is from? mine is Perth to Manchester. Though I noticed on the quote it says '5kg' for cat 1, '5kg' for cat 2. We noway have 10kg worth of cats :dull: