A family wanting to start a new life!! x

twistbexter

Hi we area family desperately wanting to start a new life in Oz but we are not skilled! My hubby is a welder and I am a supervisor in retail, would w stand a chance of getting a visa??

Hi,

Your husband is skilled because he is a welder and i think loads of welders have gone over, if you trawl through past threads you may get some advice off someone who really knows, i will have a look for you.

You may mean that he doesnt have the relevent papers,if he can prove that he has produced work to a suitable standard and gets references in his field he has a chance, he also has to prove he has been doing it for several years or more, the more he can prove it by receipts for work carried out advertizing or references from an employer he should be ok.

Hi sorry andy on just reading back on my post, I forgot to mention that my hubby is a welder but has no qualifications x

Hi, i would think that he would need the relevant paperwork for his trade and even though he does not have it at the moment he could surly get it, how long has he been welding?

Hi he has been a doing it now for 3 years and thanks to the both of you for your advice we are going to look into him getting a weld test, if all being well then which visa could we apply for? My hubby is 30 I am (ahem) 38 with 4 children 19,12,9, and 5 xx

i think he may need to have worked longer as a welder, i think at least five years, certification and references are paramount.................did you say four kids. lol

He has time on his side as he is only 30 so no worries on that score

Archived