apprentiship or trainee

Juliep

Sorry to hear about those problems.

Most of the graduate jobs, or traineeships (at least as far as I have noticed) are for PRs or citizens only I am afraid. Not sure if that applies to apprenticeships as well but I assume that he will be able to do an unpaid internship without problems. BTW I am about to start my fourth internship and don't have PR. Anyway.

I know you can work (part-time??) when you have a student visa but I am not so sure how an apprenticeship would count, eg if it counts as a full-time job. Overall it's usually very hard to get any kind of work or training when applying from outside Australia, especially without without much work experience (that's what I have experienced at least), and even when you are in Australia it can be hard.

Sorry I don't have any encouraging ideas at the moment I am afraid. Wishing you and your family all the best!

No, he wont get an apprenticeship without permanent residence at least. He can come as a student and pay his way through the process without any guarantee of getting permanent residence at the end of it - he would be able to work 20 hours a week while a student.

Archived