ANMAC time line, not going to make it :(

Maruska

So it`s official, we`re not making it for the July 1st deadline:cry:. My husband submitted the ANMAC assessment just before Easter and got an email that processing times are 8 - 10 weeks. They received the package yesterday and now saying the time is going to be 12 weeks so mid-July:mad:. We really wanted to lodge the visa by the end of June before the new system kicks in ( just like everyone else I guess).

Really disappointed :frown:, sorry for the rant....

Really sorry Maruska!!! The good news is that nurses will still be sought after so may be more likely to get an Invitation to Apply than some other professions but it is disappointing!!

Can I pass you a G&T to drown your sorrows? :smile: :hug:

Really sorry Maruska!!! The good news is that nurses will still be sought after so may be more likely to get an Invitation to Apply than some other professions but it is disappointing!!

Can I pass you a G&T to drown your sorrows? :smile: :hug:

Thanks, sorrow`s getting better:biggrin:. I don`t think there would be a problem with being selected ( we have 75 points now thanks to my husband passing IELTS on "superior" level and both of us are nurses) but I am afraid that we`ll get invited sometime next year :arghh: once they`re done processing the older applications. We were aiming towards the beginning of next year so that our son will be able to start school at the beginning of the school year :(

Thanks, sorrow`s getting better:biggrin:. I don`t think there would be a problem with being selected ( we have 75 points now thanks to my husband passing IELTS on "superior" level and both of us are nurses) but I am afraid that we`ll get invited sometime next year :arghh: once they`re done processing the older applications. We were aiming towards the beginning of next year so that our son will be able to start school at the beginning of the school year :(

They still may complete it in time!! fingers and toes crossed.....................

I rang the ANMAC a good few times as we were sailing very close to the wind for making the deadline for June 2011. It didn't get completed until 29th June, and the the state sponsorship was processed in 4 hours, and we lodged on 30th June 2011, so last minute can work!!

I rang the ANMAC a good few times as we were sailing very close to the wind for making the deadline for June 2011. It didn't get completed until 29th June, and the the state sponsorship was processed in 4 hours, and we lodged on 30th June 2011, so last minute can work!!

WOW:chatterbox:. Did you just call them with an inquiry about your application or did you mention the visa deadline? Not sure it would work this time, plenty of people are trying to make the same deadline, ANMAC must be pretty busy:frown:

Am sure I rang to check progress, I think I was getting panicky as our deadline was looming, and I was clutching at straws.

I remember getting a British lady a few times. Not sure if it helped or not, but when everything is out of your control, I needed to try something!

There was a massive influx of assessments last year too.

Donna x

Am sure I rang to check progress, I think I was getting panicky as our deadline was looming, and I was clutching at straws.

I remember getting a British lady a few times. Not sure if it helped or not, but when everything is out of your control, I needed to try something!

There was a massive influx of assessments last year too.

Donna x

Getting a British lady won`t help me lol:biglaugh: but I`ll definitelly make a polite inquiry:wink:. I am glad it worked for you.

Archived