My visa was granted today!!!!
Thank you all guys, I’ve been a silent reader for several months and since I discovered this forum I would pull up my phone multiple times a day thinking “let’s see how are my mates doing”. You have actually helped me during this time. Seeing people being granted gave me hope and seeing all the amazing advice and information gave me a little bit of confidence too because I could see that I wasn’t alone and there is actually a bunch of amazing people online helping each other during this process. Thank you very much for this.
However, with that being said deep down I have been so worried and sad, the uncertainty was killing me. It has been very hard especially since the famous email on the 4th of April. Some days I would cry especially at night, not knowing what to expect. I believe in God and I prayed everyday, asking to give me strength to endure in this situation. Whether you believe in God or not please stay strong, your time will come soon. Looking at you Dimitrios and everybody else waiting - I don’t know any of you and I can’t recall your user names right now, but I feel you. Keep having faith my friends.
Here’s my timeline for those interested:
- 186 TRT (grandfathering) nomination and application: September/October 2018
- Received the famous email on the 4th of April
- Done the Medicals straight after the email
- Some docs were requested to my company at the end of May (don’t know what they asked for but my MA said it was the usual stuff and everything looked good)
- At the same time I have been updating my police checks, payslips, etc. in order to keep my application decision-ready
- Both nomination and application have been approved today 15 of July
I would recommend to keep your files up to date proactively. If they will expire soon, update them. This may or may not speed up the process, no one really knows but the fact that both my nomination and application were approved at the same time would make me think that it did help speeding up the process.
Best regards and good luck to everyone