State sponsorship versus family sponsorship

Guest purplewitch

Guest purplewitch

Well we submitted our family sponsored visa 12 months ago, and know we are at the bottom of the pile........... so wondered would it be worthwhile changing to state sponsorship

Originally we were going to Queensland.

My visa application is a complicated one, applied and passed TRA as a hairdreser, but have worked for the past 3 years as a welfare worker (working with offenders in custody and in the community) couldnt apply as this job as I was in the middle of doing my Level 4 NVQ in advice and guidance and didnt have the necessary recent work history............ but due to starting this process 2 years ago, this has all now changed, as I do now have the quals and the work history.

I did my IELTS and scored 7.5 across the board so get the extra points for that too.

Im worried that if we have to wait much longer its going tobe difficult to get my kids out there (eldest is currently 17)

SO should I try and change to a State sponsored, and if I do, would I be better going with what Ive passed my TRA with and what is on my original application, if I changed to my current job would I have to resubmit my application and pay again?

Ive looked at Victoria (no fee for applying for state sponsorship and it seems pretty straight forward, basic tick boxes) but have also been told by a friend to look at WA too, does anyone know how the applications differ? Also how much money do you hve to have to go to either and how do you go about proving it?

Im sorry for the million and one questions, no doubt Ill be back with more!!!

Guest VickyMel

Hiya

I can't help too much Victoria does seem quicker than WA take a look at these threads.

Victoria can take anything from a few days (unusual) to around 16 weeks (although we had someone post today who took 7 months) it varies relating to when the different industrial panels re your occupation sit.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/65713-vic-state-sponsered-update.html

WA I think go through the applications in date order - so just check out the front page to see where they are up to to give you an idea.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/61412-wa-state-sponser-update-where-you-now.html

Goodluck

VickyMel

Archived