Dates relating to validating visa

Guest TraceyB68

Guest TraceyB68

Hia can anyone help with regards to the timescale of validating a visa, I've got it in my head that you have to validate your visa within 1 year, but when does the 1 year start ?

I've read some threads in the past when people have been abit stressed that the validation date is earlier than what they thought it would be is this date on your visa ????

thanks

Tracey x

:unsure: :twitcy:

Guest julie2g1b

hiya tracey

yes you have a year from the date you either had your medicals or police checks

this is what we are having to do nov as had no luck with the house, been on the

market since feb only 2 veiwers.

how far down the line are you? also notice your oh is a bricky so is mine were going

perth where you off to

good luck

julie :wubclub:

hiya tracey...yes you have a year from the date you either had your medicals or police checks...this is what we are having to do nov as had no luck with the house, been on the market since feb only 2 veiwers...how far down the line are you? also notice your oh is a bricky so is mine were going perth where you off to good luck

julie

Hi Julie:

Not Always! It depends perhaps on our Skill/Visa Type how they were feeling at the time - we thought we'd have a year from Meds/PC's which meant planning for a move here around Sept 08 - We've been here from the end of May! - When the Visa came thru' we had to get it validated by July, bit of a shock, but luckily it's just us 2 with no house to sell :smile:!!! So I wouldn't count on having 12-months...

All the Best! X

Guest spottymercedes

Hi Tracey,

We were granted our visas on 30th January 2008 and had to validate by 19th June 2008. We got here on 10th May. We started our application in August 2006 but had a lengthy court battle with an ex partner over my son which began in April 2007 and took until January 10th 2008 to be finished. I think it depends on the type of visa you have, ours is a skilled visa sub class 136.

Guest TraceyB68
hiya tracey

yes you have a year from the date you either had your medicals or police checks

this is what we are having to do nov as had no luck with the house, been on the

market since feb only 2 veiwers.

how far down the line are you? also notice your oh is a bricky so is mine were going

perth where you off to

good luck

julie :wubclub:

Hia Julie

We are looking at Adelaide as first choice and Victoria as second, brickies are on the wanted list for Victoria but I prefer the look of Adelaide :unsure:

We keep changing our plans around all the time so were just trying to work out how long you have to validate as we would like to plan to validate when it's out of season so flights might be cheaper but in the current climate I don't think cheap exists anymore ! LOL !!

Thanks Tracey x

Guest TraceyB68

Thanks everyone for replying it looks as if it depends what mood they are in when they grant the visa.

Tracey x

Archived