Am lovin the land down under!!!!!

Guest markytina

Guest markytina

Hi all,

We emigrated from Lanark, Scotland on the 1st of July 09. To Newcastle NSW. Well it's Cameron Park, 15mins from the centre of Newcastle. We've been here for 2 weeks! So far so good!!! The weather has been really nice. The people have been friendly. The food is amazing!!! I've been home sick twice. But it passed. I know i'll get it more, but that's life. We're staying with my uncle n aunt, plus my cousin n her BF.

I was really nervous about the big move and even worse when we got here?? Things are a lot different in Australia. Like the TFN, Medicare, the Banks, Driving Licence, buying a car!!! But thats all done now! So we now exist in Australia!!!!! Yep hee!

Been to the Hunter Valley wine tasting, Lake MacQuarie, Nelson Bay, Sydney and Newcastle Beaches. We also got our 1st car. The food is really good here. Some things taste really different, like the cereals. But things are a lot bigger here. Like the cans and bottles of juice. You get good value for youe money. It just shows u how much the UK Gov ripped u off!!!! Petrol is a dollar 20 cent?? Thats nearly 60p??

This theard is really long??? So i'll stop rabbiting on!? Australia has a lot to offer, but u've got to work at it!! It won't come easy! U'll feel like packing it in and going home!! But just remember why u wanted to come in the 1st place?:smile:

• 3 months later...
Guest jessica and stuart

Hi all,

Me and my partner stuart arrived in newcastle in July 09'. Loving it so far, but have found it hard to meet much friends outside work. We are both Scottish from Aberdeen. Looking for some people to go out and about with, either for drinks or any crazy hobbies.

I am 22 and Stuart is 25, currently living in Merewether. Get in touch if you would like to meet up.

Jess

Hi all,

We emigrated from Lanark, Scotland on the 1st of July 09. To Newcastle NSW. Well it's Cameron Park, 15mins from the centre of Newcastle. We've been here for 2 weeks! So far so good!!! The weather has been really nice. The people have been friendly. The food is amazing!!! I've been home sick twice. But it passed. I know i'll get it more, but that's life. We're staying with my uncle n aunt, plus my cousin n her BF.

I was really nervous about the big move and even worse when we got here?? Things are a lot different in Australia. Like the TFN, Medicare, the Banks, Driving Licence, buying a car!!! But thats all done now! So we now exist in Australia!!!!! Yep hee!

Been to the Hunter Valley wine tasting, Lake MacQuarie, Nelson Bay, Sydney and Newcastle Beaches. We also got our 1st car. The food is really good here. Some things taste really different, like the cereals. But things are a lot bigger here. Like the cans and bottles of juice. You get good value for youe money. It just shows u how much the UK Gov ripped u off!!!! Petrol is a dollar 20 cent?? Thats nearly 60p??

This theard is really long??? So i'll stop rabbiting on!? Australia has a lot to offer, but u've got to work at it!! It won't come easy! U'll feel like packing it in and going home!! But just remember why u wanted to come in the 1st place?:smile:

A good post, mate. Now, buggaroff and enjoy the rest of your lives, hey?:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest markytina

Hey Jessica & Stuart! We would luv to meet up with u guys! It would be good to talk to someone who has went through the same experience to get to Australia. I'll send u my email.

Mark & Christina

Archived