Newbie...big move coming soon!

Stacey Melling

Hey all, I'm Stacey, 23 from the UK.

Moving out to Brisbane to be with my partner come June/July...just waiting for the right flight to come through!

They just left the UK yesterday after a holiday, feeling a bit down in spirits today, think this is why I'm here more than anything...just to talk to people in a similar boat, and for general advice/tips (should there be any!)

Look forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi Stacey, welcome to the forum. You'll find heaps of supportive and helpful people on here and if you're waiting on a Partner visa, lots of them in the same boat - you'll find them over in Migration Issues.

I'm in Brisbane too and agree with srg - the weather is glorious here at present and we can expect it to stay that way for much of the next 6 months or so.

Edited by Ozmaniac

Hi Stacey - I'm sure you will love Brisbane - my bit of advice is although the weather will seem warm to you (and winters here are sublime) - don't forget to pack your winter gear - particularly nice woolen jumpers. It seems odd at first but doesn't take long to acclimatise and you'll be popping on a sweater when it falls below 20 degrees before you know it!

Hi Stacey,

Moving to Redlands area in late November/early December with my Aussie partner and our 20 month old son.

This forum is great for keeping your spirits up, the wait is hard but it is great reading people's updates and generally chatting!

I'm rather impatient and want things yesterday but our time will come round very soon.

Good luck with the move!

Jackie

Hi Stacey, I'm moving to Brisbane beginning of December with my Australian partner. I have my visa already so now it is selling the house and sorting things out over here. Pretty nerve-wracking but looking forward to it also.

Good luck with your move! Brisbane is a fab city.

Hi Stacey,

Moving to Redlands area in late November/early December with my Aussie partner and our 20 month old son.

This forum is great for keeping your spirits up, the wait is hard but it is great reading people's updates and generally chatting!

I'm rather impatient and want things yesterday but our time will come round very soon.

Good luck with the move!

Jackie

We are also going to The Redlands but leaving in July. Really cannot wait to go now but trying my best to 'live in the moment'. In my last few weeks of work now and struggling for motivation which is the worst part really. We have given our notice at work, have a buyer for the house (though not actually exchanged contracts yet), booked the removal firm, and sorted out most of our stuff. Still a fair bit to organise but don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves really.

We are also going to The Redlands but leaving in July. Really cannot wait to go now but trying my best to 'live in the moment'. In my last few weeks of work now and struggling for motivation which is the worst part really. We have given our notice at work, have a buyer for the house (though not actually exchanged contracts yet), booked the removal firm, and sorted out most of our stuff. Still a fair bit to organise but don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves really.

How hard is it?! Lol.

Our house has just sold, and received the contract at the weekend. We're packing up to move in with the folks, then packing up to take it across there!

I'm planning a bit of a bucket list for before we go!

I'm so excited but nervous too.

Have you guys picked a location yet? We're moving to Cleveland, the Redlands is beautiful area. Xx

How hard is it?! Lol.

Our house has just sold, and received the contract at the weekend. We're packing up to move in with the folks, then packing up to take it across there!

I'm planning a bit of a bucket list for before we go!

I'm so excited but nervous too.

Have you guys picked a location yet? We're moving to Cleveland, the Redlands is beautiful area. Xx

Our daughter will be starting at Sheldon College in October so we will base ourselves around there. Cleveland is definitely on the list as is Thornlands, Victoria Point and Redland Bay. Also looking at Mt Cotton - presumably being just a few miles inland accounts for relatively lower prices there.

We have our list. Stuff to do in May, to do in June, and the all the last minute stuff in July.

Our daughter will be starting at Sheldon College in October so we will base ourselves around there. Cleveland is definitely on the list as is Thornlands, Victoria Point and Redland Bay. Also looking at Mt Cotton - presumably being just a few miles inland accounts for relatively lower prices there.

We have our list. Stuff to do in May, to do in June, and the all the last minute stuff in July.

Your daughter will love Sheldon it is a great school, nice area as well. October will be just starting to warm up so will give you time to settle in before summer. Just be ready for the mozzies