Commuting from Mandurah to Perth

Guest mackemsok

Guest mackemsok

Hello all, I have been fortunate enough to get a job in Oral Health Centre in Perth city centre and have been offered couple of months use of a house rent free till rest of my family move out in June but am worried that the journey to and from work will be too much. Does anyone out there commute a similar journey and if so what is it like? I used to travel from Sunderland to Newcastle every day on Metro which took about an hour all in so am used to it,I hope!

Thanks for any response. I will be in Oz from mid March

I believe it takes about 50 mins from mandurah to the CBD by train. I don't know how far you'll be away from where you work then, but CAT buses are free in the city. I do know that the park and rides are full at the stations mon - Fri, so my guess is it'll also be busy. But if you're used to an hours commute - it probably won't be much different

Ali

Hi,

The easiest way would be by train with a direct line between Mandurah and Perth's City Centre. As Ali said about 50mins. You could drive, however I would probably double this journey time.

Guest PommieLady
if you're used to an hours commute - it probably won't be much different

Ali

Don't forget though, the trip to the station including parking (depend how close you are to the station), then short wait on platform, then about 15/20 min walk to destination (other side of Charles Gardener Hospital). Realistically looks like you'll be doing about 3 hours a day, 15 hours a week, commuting.

I suppose it depends if its one of the things you are hoping to get away from.

Driving would take even longer :no:

Would you be able to look at working more locally? community dental centre? or ordinary dentist?

:smile:

Archived