RE: Moving to Australia from UK

mrbradley1

I am moving in October with AP and there rep was extremely good when he came round. Follow up has been good on email and they delivered boxes this week as planned... so all good for now. I had a lovely mail from another company and can dig out for you if any use...

• 2 months later...
Guest denebiebe
We're going with Doree Bonner. Very good service so far.

Hi Dubliner,

I'm considering using Doree Bonner - how did the move go? Did you do a full or part container?

Thanks

Hi...

We're looking at moving to Oz in end of November and are researching several removal companies. At the minute we have the following coming out to quote but we'd welcome any others which you may recommend:-

1. Anglo Pacifc

2. Pickfords

3. PSS

We have used Anglo Pacific three times and they were fantastic first and third times but only average on the second occasion. I think they have actually been taken over by Pickfords but may operate as separate brands.

Pickfords moved my sister over here and did an appalling job, so much so that when I came over first on a corporate transfer I threatened not to take the job if I was forced to use Pickfords. Their sales rep was pretty slovenly and uninspiring too.

It is one aspect of the move that I would not waste too much time thinking about. Get three or four in to quote and go with the cheapest. They are all much of a muchness and nothing I have ever read in all my years on forums leads me to believe that there are any to be avoided or any that should be picked above all others.

There are good and bad tales of all of them. For example poster above had bad experience with Pickfords. Well we used them and it was excellent service, I liked having the same handling company both ends too.

The person you meet on quote day is not the person that will handle your move so I wouldn't place too much stock on whether you like them or not.

Edited by Bungo